Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2019, 09:58 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Pls help - meter not receiving shore power

Hello. I had a power outrage a week ago and can't get electric back to normal.

Shore checks out ok with hand meter. 50, 30, and 20 shore tower.

I have 120 wall outlet and front entertainment power.

12 volt light toggles all solid orange. Checked fuses inside and outside by batteries and in basement front Bay Road side.

Batteries load charging then not switching to float charging.

Lots of snow melting down exterior and some water coming inside under roadside front sofa.

All breakers in original positions. None tripped.

I need to be away for a few days and can only think to set shore max to 10 amps and hope for the best with the batteries. Not using AGS. Am using aquahot generator and blower is ok so far.

I can't figure it out.
Please help
Heather
NoSoupForYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2019, 10:17 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Sorry I don't have your model coach. I know on my coach, their are GFI wall plugs that trip, and can cut power to other parts of the coach. Also, many converter have CB on them that can cause problems. You might want to give a little more detail about the model coach you have. That way someone can probably help you a lot better. Good luck, sorry, I know expert on all the electrical working of the different Motor Homes.
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:36 PM   #3

Check inverter circuit breakers for 120v pass through power.
I'm not trying to be rude but I'm having a bit of hard time following you description of your issues.
I have read some coaches have smaller inverter just for entertainment center area. I have had my 3000watt inverter generator studder as it ran out of gas trip my two GFCIs so most of my 120v outlets.
EDIT
above poster was typing same time as I was taking a break . I'm not trying to regurgitate his answers good luck . one of my GFCIs was up under the the stoves vent area and was hard to spot ...another posters had one in lower bay he had missed for a long struggle.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:39 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
If your batteries show charging then everything 12 volt will run from the converter and not run the batteries down as long as you are plugged into shore power. If you are running on 50 amp or even 30 amp shore power there is no need to turn the charging rate down. I am not sure what your actual issue is as your description is a little confusing but I would be more concerned about the water intrusion. I would clear off the snow and close the slides while you are gone. Depending on the temps freezing water lines will always be a big concern if you lose shore power.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I see you have 2009 Camelot. X2 on closing slides, I have had ice get stuck to the fabric slide topper material and had to get up and using hair dryer melt it, could not close the slide. The front tv outlet runs of the invertor on my coach so that my be why it's working. You could try using the 30 amp outlet if you have the cords to do it. Checking the shore power to make sure it's correct is where I would start, maybe start generator to see if there is a change, hope you find it soon.
John G
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:40 AM   #6

1st. Do not relie on Lights to check voltage. Start at the shore power with a volt meter. Measure the 50 amp receptical for 240 volts between L1 and L2. Measure 120 volts between L1 and Neutral/ground. Measure 120 volts between L2 neutral/ground. 0 volts between Neutral and ground.

Follow this procedure all the way back to your main AC breaker box checking all connections especially you ATS.

Turn OFF then ON all AC breakers.

Test and rest your GFI outlets.

Check and reset your inverter. reset gfi on inverter.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:57 PM   #7

Little confused, is some of your 120 not working or just your meter reading inside the coach and is it the Aladdin system that reads out on the dash/radio screen
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, shore power