RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-31-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Posts: 9
Possible Diplomat purchase

Hello all,

I'm hoping I can get some feed back... both good & bad on a purchase i'm seriously considering. For the past 6 years i've owned a 05 Fleetwood (gaser) Bounder, and i love it with the exception a few drive-ability/performance things. But its time for an upgrade. I've looked for a long time for a specific model, and I finally found one l like, and its a 2007 Diplomat 40PAQ, with the 400hp Cummins in it.

My hope is some of you can help a me on the pros & cons, what to look out for, hidden pitfalls, and maybe some inherent problems i should be aware of... especially the ones tied to BIG expenses. I'm pretty mechanically handy, so some things don't scare me to bad, but motor work & trans work does.

Any incite is greatly appreciated! And thank you in advance for your time!

Steve Roger
__________________

laveydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2020, 02:21 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
oakcreekeric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oak Creek, WI
Posts: 1,112
Hopefully "Dutchstar Don" see's this - he was formally "Diplomat Don" - he's a wealth of great information !!
__________________

__________________
Eric & Denise
2012 Itasca Sunstar 35F W/ 5-Star Tuner
2017 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:57 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
JohnBoyToo's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW, Tex-US
Posts: 5,786
Is the floor plan PERFECT for you ?
Have you driven, tested every function in both the cab and coach ?
I'm not sure, but a year/certain model of the RR8 chassis had a rear suspension issue, search for that and check if it has the issue, has it been repaired.


No coach is perfect, but we love our dip and have put many miles on it... good luck
and at times like this, you should be able to get a REAL deal on it, including toilet paper and wet wipes
__________________
'11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler JKU. History.. 5'ers: 13 Redwood 38gk, 11 MVP Destiny, Open Range TT, popups, vans, tents...
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:17 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Is the floor plan PERFECT for you ?
Have you driven, tested every function in both the cab and coach ?
I'm not sure, but a year/certain model of the RR8 chassis had a rear suspension issue, search for that and check if it has the issue, has it been repaired.


No coach is perfect, but we love our dip and have put many miles on it... good luck
and at times like this, you should be able to get a REAL deal on it, including toilet paper and wet wipes
Thanks so much! good info.
i'm so afraid of buying someone else problem, but not in the position to buy new.
laveydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:37 PM   #5
Member
 
Pillbox's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca
Posts: 82
First off hello and welcome!


This is just a list I have done on my new to me 2007 Holiday Rambler:
First, check the cummins serial number......they had a recall around that time
Tires, when were they made
Powergear tank for neck cracks... support it if is not done so, plenty of ideas here on the forum.
Body screws all broken on the very bottom of fiberglass to frame
Shocks, mine were bad
Oil, water tranny ....samples or when were they done
Water, you want oat
All, all filters,2 fuel,air dryer, air filter,oil filter, water filter? My ISL did not have one.
Genny, same as above. Oil, fuel,air water.
Get the proper screw driver bit, its kinda square, tighten up whats loose.
Test EVERYTHING!
Both a/c, both heat pumps, both heaters, water heater on eletric and gas.
Slide toppers, awnings, window coverings, work them.
Check the slide seals really good.
Roof!!!
Batteries, how old? How are they set up?
Run The inverter on the batteries, genny, and shore power.
Call rev, get the data card! 1-877-466-6226, have your vin ready.
That is just off the top of my head, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my HR.
Your PAQ is the sister to mine.
__________________
Semper Fi
K6TER
2007 HR Endeavor PAQ
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:17 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillbox View Post
First off hello and welcome!


This is just a list I have done on my new to me 2007 Holiday Rambler:
First, check the cummins serial number......they had a recall around that time
Tires, when were they made
Powergear tank for neck cracks... support it if is not done so, plenty of ideas here on the forum.
Body screws all broken on the very bottom of fiberglass to frame
Shocks, mine were bad
Oil, water tranny ....samples or when were they done
Water, you want oat
All, all filters,2 fuel,air dryer, air filter,oil filter, water filter? My ISL did not have one.
Genny, same as above. Oil, fuel,air water.
Get the proper screw driver bit, its kinda square, tighten up whats loose.
Test EVERYTHING!
Both a/c, both heat pumps, both heaters, water heater on eletric and gas.
Slide toppers, awnings, window coverings, work them.
Check the slide seals really good.
Roof!!!
Batteries, how old? How are they set up?
Run The inverter on the batteries, genny, and shore power.
Call rev, get the data card! 1-877-466-6226, have your vin ready.
That is just off the top of my head, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my HR.
Your PAQ is the sister to mine.
Thank you! I will make a check list off yours. Thank you so much!!!
laveydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:36 PM   #7
Member
 
Pillbox's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca
Posts: 82
Also,
Open every window, cabinet, slides, check screens.....
Will ad more when I think of it.

Just remember, you WILL get excited when you see her, just try to slow the process down. I brought a check list, still I got side tracked too.

__________________
Semper Fi
K6TER
2007 HR Endeavor PAQ
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:47 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillbox View Post
Also,
Open every window, cabinet, slides, check screens.....
Will ad more when I think of it.

Just remember, you WILL get excited when you see her, just try to slow the process down. I brought a check list, still I got side tracked too.

i noticed some of the windows are fogged a Little too..
laveydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:30 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
hardy1000's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by laveydude26 View Post
Hello all,

I'm hoping I can get some feed back... both good & bad on a purchase i'm seriously considering. For the past 6 years i've owned a 05 Fleetwood (gaser) Bounder, and i love it with the exception a few drive-ability/performance things. But its time for an upgrade. I've looked for a long time for a specific model, and I finally found one l like, and its a 2007 Diplomat 40PAQ, with the 400hp Cummins in it.

My hope is some of you can help a me on the pros & cons, what to look out for, hidden pitfalls, and maybe some inherent problems i should be aware of... especially the ones tied to BIG expenses. I'm pretty mechanically handy, so some things don't scare me to bad, but motor work & trans work does.

Any incite is greatly appreciated! And thank you in advance for your time!

Steve Roger
I have a 2007 40PDQ that I purchased new and have wintered in it for the last 3 years. It just turned 50K milies and I could not be happier with it. Best RV I have ever owned. It is 13 years old and below are the only issues that I have had.

1. I just replaced the exhaust manifold becaused it was cracked.
2. Replaced water heater last year
3. Converted Norcold fridge to JC 12v compressor unit.(Very happy)
4. Rebuilt door awning
5. Installed new burner assemblys in both furnaces
6. Had to install new gear assembly to main awning 4 years ago
7. Replaced hydraulic jack tank switch in fluid tank last year.

I have done personal mods like cabinet slide outs and new flat screen TV's.

Dutch Star Don did a lot of mods on his Diplomat and has been a great contributor and has been the go to guy.
__________________
Del & Lori 2007 Diplomat 40PDQ - 2020 Grand Cherokee TrailHawk, Blue Ox.
hardy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:15 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 109
Be sure to check the bottoms of all of the slide outs. Good luck, dreamer.
__________________

__________________
'07 HR Scepter 42 PDQ - ISL 400
'16 Chevy Silverado - Blue Ox - M&G Braking System
'02 Tracker - Blue Ox
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
purchase



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible Purchase bdpreece Monaco Owner's Forum 9 06-02-2010 04:56 PM
Possible purchase of 2008 Phaeton 40QDH LRuiz Tiffin Owner's Forum 6 05-13-2010 03:54 PM
Possible CC Purchase mwhitfil Country Coach Owners Forum 3 11-04-2009 09:32 PM
Fleetwood Revolution LE possible purchase widowson1968 Fleetwood Owner's Forum 7 05-17-2009 07:42 AM
Possible Essex purchase Stretch Newmar Owner's Forum 15 02-10-2006 10:48 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×