Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2011, 03:04 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Power Gear Levelers (Automatic)

After leveling the coach I accidentally hit the Retract Button which of course raised the jacks back up. I waited a minute or so then hit the Auto button again. Sometimes the Auto Btn doesn't level so I hit Manual and do final leveling which I did in this case. When I went outside I had leveling fluid all over the ground. Somehow the fluid overflowed out of the filler cap. The tank wasn't overfilled because it's never done this before and I've checked the level regularly.

After posting this I found a thread about "leaking Power Gear tanks" but am not sure this applies to my situation, I can't find any cracks where the fluid appears to be leaking, it's more like it's coming out of the weep hole at the filler cap.

So if anyone has any other thoughts I'd appreciate any comments.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
It sounds to me like the fluid level was low at one time, and you got some air in the system or it was overfilled. Cannot say how for sure but that is what it sounds like to me. Air will blow the fluid out the fill cap, sometimes blow the cap off altogether. Overfilled will do the same thing. If the tank has a crack it will show up as a slow leak not a sudden evacuation of fluid. retract the jacks all the way, refill to the correct level, run the jacks up and down manually to remove any air in the system, check the level again and watch it for a while. Just remember that the jacks must be retracted completely before checking the fluid level.
Buford B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:21 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob (WA0MQE) View Post
After leveling the coach I accidentally hit the Retract Button which of course raised the jacks back up. I waited a minute or so then hit the Auto button again. Sometimes the Auto Btn doesn't level so I hit Manual and do final leveling which I did in this case. When I went outside I had leveling fluid all over the ground. Somehow the fluid overflowed out of the filler cap. The tank wasn't overfilled because it's never done this before and I've checked the level regularly.

After posting this I found a thread about "leaking Power Gear tanks" but am not sure this applies to my situation, I can't find any cracks where the fluid appears to be leaking, it's more like it's coming out of the weep hole at the filler cap.

So if anyone has any other thoughts I'd appreciate any comments.
Here's a link to Power Gears web site . Click on Tech, documents , it might answer your question. Power Gear

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote