Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2014, 06:33 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Power gear/ Valid air leveling

We are the proud new owners of a 2009 Monaco Dynasty Regal IV. It has only air leveling by power gear/valid. We have been parked on a cement pad, somewhat level for almost two weeks. This morning I noticed that the power and auto lights were no longer flashing in sync. Does this mean I should start the engine and re level?
Additionally, as a general question: with a diesel should I start and run the engine on a regular schedule when parked for any length of time? If so how frequently?
Thank you
Bill
Michbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bill
That is a sweet coach you have, we also recently purchased our coach and it has the same air leveling system as you. I obviously am not the expert you are looking for but in reading many post on this site, my thought are you do not want to start your engine and just let it idle. It is really good for it to be started up and driven 30 miles or so monthly but it does more harm than good just sitting idling.

Our leveling system has an auxiliary air compressor that starts up and provides air to the leveling system and I can hear mine on occasion but is isn't very noisy and sounds like a small air compressor that you might around your garage to air up a tire or something. I believe it is located in the general area right behind the generator up front.

I am sure the more experienced guys/gals will step in and give us some more information but that is the way I understand it. Like you, I haven't totally figured out the meaning of the blinking lights. The book talks about the leveling system going to sleep and waking up every so often and checking levelness of the coach and making appropriate adjustments. The lights are supposed to indicate the state it is in but I haven't been able to decipher the code of the blinking leveling lights as of yet.

Bob

Bob & Pearl
2007 Monaco Camelot 42' PDQ
JRPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Bob,
Thank you.
The transition from gas to diesel is interesting to say the least. Additionally, from hydraulic to air.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:07 AM   #4

The panel will appear to go dead when you are sitting level. It will then "come alive" periodically to recheck level. If it needs to relevel you may feel the coach move or hear some air hissing out. If it needs more air the auxiliary air compressor will run. You do not need to restart and level, it sounds as if it is acting properly.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Bill B,
Thank you,
I just checked the display and now the lights are in sync. I heard a noise, very slight, earlier and that was most likly the aux. compressor.
Thanks
Bill
Old 08-18-2014, 08:00 AM   #6

I have that same system and just a word of caution for moisture on the top of the control panel. The led indicators seem to be very sensitive to even a little bit of water. Had some mist come in from the drivers window, didn't soak it, but about like a damp rag might do. Ever since some of the leds stay stuck on, such as the battery indicator and sometimes a front/rear out of level red led. So far it hasn't effected the operation. Will still auto level and maintain the level (with aux compressor kicking in as needed) but the display may show out of level.

Tags
leveling, power, power gear