RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2015, 10:16 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Power seat problem

I really hope that someone may have a suggestion about the passenger seat on a 04 signature... The passenger power seat is not able to recline forward or backward. Other functions of the seat are operating, not great but operating. Any ideas on what I should be looking for would be greatly appreciated.

Panozracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2015, 06:04 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
SEVERAL discussions of this problem here on iRV2... Consensus is the electrical plugs beneath the seat... Clean with brush and "contact cleaner"...

H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:38 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have reviewed the other discussions and have not been able to find one that relates to only a partial failure. Part of the power seat works and part does not. All posts that I have read refer to complete failure of the power functions.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:52 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
SEVERAL discussions of this problem here on iRV2... Consensus is the electrical plugs beneath the seat... Clean with brush and "contact cleaner"...
I guess I wasn't looking hard enough.... I found a thread that may relate. Thank you! I post the problem when I find it.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:20 AM   #5

This happened in my Signature. I verified that the switch was working and it was so I went for the motor. The motor was bad. The motor is located in the back of the back of the seat. I got to mine through the bottom corner of the back seat. I could squeeze my arm in and get to the motor and got it out. It takes patience. I bought the motor with the cable complete from Villa International in Los Angeles, they make the seat. The POC was Mike Ramirez. I ended up change motors in both seats so they are a high failure item. When you get to the point you are going to do it you can call me when I am sitting by the seat and be more accurate on how I got into the back. I didn't have to undo any fasteners or stitching.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:30 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Like Mike, I also had a motor failure, for the passenger seat footrest. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't, and when it worked the motor was stuttering and noisy. A new motor cured all of the ills.

If power is getting to the seat, then it has to be something in the switch, the motor, or the wires between them. My first step would be to unplug the connection going to the motor, and use a volt meter and see if power is getting to the connector when you operate the switch.
  • If power is at that connector, start checking the wires and connections toward the motor, until you find the problem or determine that the motor is bad.
  • If power is not at the connector, start checking the wires and connections toward the switch until you find the problem.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:05 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you very much for your response. Interestingly enough the driver backrest is no longer working. I am checking power now. I will let you know! Thanks again!
Old 03-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #8

I bet it is the motors. Mine both went out around the same time with the same seats. You can hot wire directly to the wires coming off the switch to the motor. Polarity doesn't make any difference.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:27 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I found the motor for the backrest. I can see the motor trying to turn the seat mechanism so I know it is getting power. It is NOT looking like a fun replacement job... My hat is off to you Mike! Patience is not one of my best qualities...
Old 03-15-2015, 08:19 AM   #10

It is not as hard as it looks. Most likely the gearbox on the motor is gone but it is worth pulling the motor out and see if it function correctly. There is a small possibility the seat itself has a problem. Hope not.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #11

Hello All
I'm new this forum. We just got home from Texas. We bought a 2013 Diplomat. As we parked in beside my house the armrest just fall off. I took the armrest apart and find a broken plastic piece. Anyone knows where can I get parts for my seat. I think it's made by "comfort" but I'm not sure.
Thanks.
ervinglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervinglobal View Post
Anyone knows where can I get parts for my seat. I think it's made by "comfort" but I'm not sure.
Using a flashlight, take real close look under and around the bottom of the seat. Many times there is a folded up piece of paper jammed up in there with the manufacturer name, model number, etc. If you can find it, that would be a good clue to get your search started.

Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power