Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2021, 10:45 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Power steering problem

So a couple of issues I’m having with our new O5 holiday rambler navigator, number one based on reading through this forum I think I might have an issue with the fan speed controller, saw a couple ways I can test it going to check that tomorrow. I Have the Detroit 60 series and it idle the fan is not turning at all when I accelerate the motor to around 1000 RPMs than the fan takes off and spins. Complete story is had to replace the Sawyer Dan Foss pump off the PTO, now it’s been installed with a new filter and new fluid and have no power steering and the fan again only turns on at around 900 to 1000 RPMs. Is the fan normal? Any thoughts on the power steering or should I just replace the pump? Thanks again look forward to participating actively on this forum
Golden by is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2021, 11:48 PM   #2

Don't know if the old pump sent pieces through the fan motor and steering box but it's possible. Air in the system is a possibility also.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:16 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist View Post
Don't know if the old pump sent pieces through the fan motor and steering box but it's possible. Air in the system is a possibility also.

X2

Your hydraulic system is probably close to mine in that you have a large hydraulic reservoir with filters inside. The fluid is filtered prior to going to the pump and then it goes to the motor and steering.

If the pump had a catastrophic failure it could have sent trash to the steering gear box and fan motor.

I'd suggest draining the hydraulic reservoir and changing the filters. Take the filters apart and look for contamination. If contaminated you may have to pull the steering box and motor and have them rebuilt also.

Here's a parts page showing my reservoir. It has the filter number on it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1 Steering Reservoir.pdf (65.1 KB, 3 views)
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, problem, steering