Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Powergear/Valid info

In the process of setting up a towed with a low base plate pin height (13" ). I travel on a lot of ferries, where the tides can make for severe ramp to deck angles.
Called Valid customer support today to see if there was any way to override their leveling system from going into 'travel' mode, when I put the transmision into gear. Simply put system in manual mode, raise rear/ front/ or both, put transmision in gear, (system will go to travel), quickly push 'manual' again, air bags will stay at height you've set them at !
Aparently, if you go over 5mph, it will automatically go back to travel height.
Thought this may help someone who may need a little extra clearance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Wideglide good info that I will use sometime.
tomckeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #3

Good to know! We just went on the Alaska Ferry and out of Juneau, it was extremely low tide. After watching a Prevost tour bus drag his butt onto the boat, we opted to go into manual and raise all by holding the button all the way on to the boat. Didn't know it would stay there. We didn't drag, but I think the ferry people were a bit more careful with us. They are great.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill767 View Post
After watching a Prevost tour bus drag his butt onto the boat, we opted to go into manual and raise all by holding the button all the way on to the boat.
Yeah Bill, thats what I thought the solution would be till I called them.
Like this method better. Free's up both hands.

Tags
power