Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
FJJ

Pressure regulator

Does anyone know if Monaco puts a water pressure regulator on coaches in manufacturing. I get different answers when I call the factory and I can not locate one on my coach. I have a 2006 Monaco Dynasty Countess III. Thanks for any help you can give!
FJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
They put what they call a regulator but it is a restrictor, I replaced my restrictor with a regulator.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #3

Water pressure regulator

I have a 2011 Monaco Knight The water pressure regulator is a brass screw on type at the water connection to the couch.If you do not have one there I would be pretty sure there is none anywhere else. You can simply purchase one and screw it on
aihchris107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #4

Our coach is also an '06 Monaco Dynasty Countess III, and the factory installed the pressure regulator on the outboard end of the fresh water hose. I have had most of the plumbing somewhat apart, in the fresh water bay of our coach, and in ours I can guarantee that there are no pressure regulators other than the one on the end of the hose. That is also the best place to put it, as it protects your inlet hose, entirely, including the portion that is wound on the take-up reel inside the coach where you really don't want a failure.

I made several changes in that compartment including moving the pump to the floor to reduce pump noise in the coach, and re-mounted the pressure tank to be vertical, with the water fitting at the bottom, to facilitate better purging of the antifreeze in the spring, when unwinterizing. I also put an RO system in that bay which required further modification of the plumbing.

The Countess III is an awesome coach!!! ��
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will describe several pressure regulators and comment.
Standard, this is a cylinder, about 3/4" (Garden hose fitting) Size male and female fittings one on each end, Restricts the flow like you'd not believe.

HI-Flow, or capacity, LIke above but with bright plastic grip on female end or wings (Camco) on body.. Same comment.

Sur-Flo.. Slightly better, this is the standard "Inlet regulator" see comment below on placement.

Watts, Valterra or Zurin "Whole house" regulator, mine is currently a Zurin, replaced a damaged Watts. Both it and the watts are 3/4 inch. Th Watts is something like 8 years old.

Supply side around 100 PSI,, Pressure setting 50 psi. Load = outside shower (What I usually call dog shower) in wet bay.

Sur flo,, Static 50 psi, loaded 10
Watts (old, damaged an in need of re-build kit) Static 50, loaded 20
ZURIN (Brand new still just out of the box first day of use)
Static 50, loaded 50, no change.

I am not claming the ZURIN is better than the watts, Watts worked better when it was new and just out of the box.. I'd recommend either

Valterra I've not tested..

Why 3/4 inch? Well, easier to find 3/4 to Garden hose adapters for one thing..

PLACEMENT: Park-regulator-hose-filter-rig

Pressure in this park has been measured at upwards of 120PSI, from time to time, at that pressure the ends often come off hoses.. SO the hose from the spigot to the ZURIN is a strain relief armored hose that should be able to take it.. The long white one,, not so well but then it does not have to since the ZURIN is in the way of the excess pressure.

Very happy with it, sixty bucks (rounded) at local plumbing supply. Includes fittings.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #6

Watts Brass New Model X65BG (replaces N55BG)
RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV
Not a restrictor that causes wimpy showers, but improves flow (gals per minute) as well as safeguards your system against big pressure. You won't believe the difference.
Frank W. 09 Cayman
Lake City, Florida
flynnwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #7

Best answer will be provided by finding yours. Our Beaver is built on an S-Series chassis and is probably quite similar. On my coach I found a Watts H560 located behind a sliding panel inside the rear storage bay just inboard of the water bay. The city water inlet had the regulator in-line.

You probably have the same regulator. Mine was restricting water flow and I just took it out. I did rebuild it with a kit that Watts sent me (free - that was nice) but my pressure gauge was pooched, so I never put it back. I may buy an external one and mount it to the end of the inlet hose one of these days.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote