RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #1

Pricing my RV

We are trying to sell our 2002 Monaco Knight 34PST. Would love to hear opinions on how to price it.
We are thinking we need to wait for spring but have had folks look at it and love it but not ready to buy or so they say...
We also had people say its not worth more than 30K. We wondered how accurate the NADA is?
We always felt we couldn't find a diesel for much less than 50K but maybe we never looked enough. We are asking 45K AND NADA does come out to about 30K but we noticed the orig price on NADA is about 30K less than orig owner paid brand new.
Now we do have a new engine with only 7K miles and the orig miles were only 44K. NADA does not account for mileage on a diesel. And I know just because we have about 56K in it because of new engine and radiator, etc.. that we can't get that back out but we wanted to be close but also want to have a fair price.
I guess my question is really, is NADA accurate, we don't feel it is...
Thanks in advance!
Larry and Sue
2002 Monaco Knight 34PST
5.9 Cummins diesel turbo

Lsrjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #2

There is one on PPL motors. They are asking 45k. If the inside and exterior was in good shape, and everything works as it should, I would say you should be close.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:33 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Can't help you on the price but don't wait until spring to advertise it. Put it on the market today.

There are always people out there looking for an RV and your's might be what they want.

And the longer you wait the older it gets...time marches on.

Don't know where I'm going, spose I'll get there anyway.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
We just moved up to a almost new Tiffin and put our 2003 HR Endeavor 36PST (8.3 Cummins) with 33K miles up for sale a couple of months ago. NADA is $38k we have been asking 36K. Best offer i got so far was under $30k. Had a dealer that i have known for 30 years and are close friends with look at it and he says $34k to $36K as a private party is a good range of how much it should bring. He would ask $42.5 if it was on his lot since he could finance it and the great condition its in. In the South they bring higher than in the fall due to football tailgating. some thoughts from a fellow owner needing to move one on
Old 09-24-2019, 12:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsrjohnson View Post
We are asking 45K AND NADA does come out to about 30K but we noticed the orig price on NADA is about 30K less than orig owner paid brand new.

I'm seeing $13,600 as the NADA value.
https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2002/...3022911/Values

NADA past about 10 years tends to be like that though, straight depreciation just isn't a good tool to assign value.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I would say that NADA is not close. It is a poor best guess. Look, as others have mentioned, for similar coaches and see what they are asking.
If you are not pressured to sell be patient.

I bought mine last week and paid $15,000 over NADA. The condition was 9 out of 10. It may even rate 9.5.

The low offers are just that. There are people that will offer less than fair value because they may hope to flip it or because they are just hoping for a real deal.

Be patient and fair to yourself.

Best of luck,

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:25 PM   #7

NADA can be a handicap when it is wrong because as you found out people will look it up.

But in reality you have to be competitive with others for sale, not just your model. Search by type, size and age to see what the market has to offer.

There is also a gap in asking and selling price and my guess it is a big one and that may be why NADA is so low.

I know you said you got a new engine but your never going to get much for that as one might ask why do it give out early. It could be a negative.

Your also small for a Class A and diesel can scare off some.
Tror Fourwinds Class C, 1961 American Eagle 01 Bus
gpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:11 PM   #8

Hi Larry & Sue; The only thing I can think to tell you is that there seems to be a, not big supply, of short diesel pusher coaches. I know in the Monaco food chain, the Knight is not way up there, but it still is a nice diesel pusher. I almost bought an 03 in 03. Instead I bought a used 2000 32'- Monaco Windsor with no slides in 04 and that took me 2 years to find that one. Some people in the market are looking for short. Can't say how many! If your coach has been well cared for and had a new engine and all that you mention, I am sure just that will peak someone's interest at the price you are asking. Just don't be in a hurry, if that is possible for you to do and I think you will come close to your asking price. This is just my 2 cents. Hope you sell your Knight sooner than later and good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:27 PM   #9

A lot of people will wait until spring to list their rig. Others told me buy in winter for best price .Far more goods deals came up in spring just because of the odds. Put it up now even if it doesn't sell quickly,if yours is one on buyers wish list to compare other rigs to in spring better for you. I would add FB. Marketplace to your sales places . You can look for local-ish groups to join to post on as well.
There is supposed to be a way to see what similar rigs sold for on PPL websight at least that's what I was told here.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:31 PM   #10

Price depends on how badly you want to sell it.

V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote