Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2018, 08:54 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Problem with PowerGear levelers on 07 Monaco Diplomat

Hi Folks! I'm having trouble with my Power Gear leveling system. When I shut off the engine and pull up on the park brake, the "Engage Park Brake" lights up and I can't deploy the jacks. I tried moving the coach and redoing everything over and over but no luck.

Can anyone help me out with this problem?
tomd85208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2018, 09:17 PM   #2

Hope someone has a answer I’m having the same problem
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:48 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like your nason switch. It's an air switch mounted on the parking brake plunger. I know monaco has them and there may be other suppliers.

part # Nason SM-1C-66R/WP28
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
Sounds like your nason switch. It's an air switch mounted on the parking brake plunger. I know monaco has them and there may be other suppliers.

part # Nason SM-1C-66R/WP28

I was thinking the same thing but doesn’t that switch control more than the levelers like the trans and a alarm?
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:56 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrob View Post
I was thinking the same thing but doesn’t that switch control more than the levelers like the trans and a alarm?
When mine went out a few years ago, the only symptoms were the leveling would not level in 'auto' mode. Also the 'parking brake' light on the dash wouldn't illuminate.

Now I have air only leveling no jacks. It might be tied into jacks with an associated alarm, but I'm speculating.

I'm not sure how it would be tied into the trans.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #6

when I forget to retract the levelers.. then release the park brake when I shift the transmission into gear the jacks sound and alarm and automatically retract. all lights on the power gear panel flash until I reset the panel by turning it off and then on.

2008 Knight
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:22 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Had the same problem and replaced the Nason switch and still no change. Tested the control box and finally got some advice and found out it was the fluid sensor that goes into the hydraulic fluid fill tank located in the roadside bay that is vented. Look at the tank and it is the sensor with the wires going into the tank. I think the switch was $125 and took 5 minutes to change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1573_1.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	205256  

Tags
levelers, monaco, monaco diplomat, power