Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
src

propane line

Hi. Looking to run a propane line to the right side for the gas grill. What can i run over rubber--cast-- copper-- and wear did you put the end inside or outside. Thank
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #2

I dont think that code allows anything other than black iron pipe.. You will need special connectors for the BBQ. Also if your BBQ has it's own regulator you must tee in to your tank before the existing MH regulator. If the line is running through a compartment that is not open on the bottom there can be no connections in that compartment There are probably some other concerns but I do not know all the regs. Some people buy those kits at Camping World and use rubber hose but I do not think they were meant for permanent installation. Codes change all the time so my info may not be current. This being the internet someone will correct me!!!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
src

Thank, maybe not a good one. will used 1 lb
Old 06-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Just did it to my MH. I just removed the rubber hose where it connects to the 1/2" black iron steel pipe and added a 1/2" tee, reinstalled rubber hose to bottom of tee and out the side of the tee I used pipe elbows and 7' of steel pipe to run across braces above the propane tank and next to the fuel tank. On the right side I used a elbow and 14" piece of pipe to drop down a bit. All this is inside the fuel tank / propane tank bin that is open on the bottom. I purchased a gas quick disconnect from the propane store and installed on the 14" pipe end. I purchased a Weber Baby Q 220, removed the regulator and got a brass fitting to connect another gas quick discount to the BBQ. Then the propane store made up a 18' hose to connect everything up. Used it last week 3 times and it worked perfect, just like cooking at home on the BBQ.
Contact me with your email address and I will send pictures from IPhone. It was real easy to do.

Dave

2004 Monaco Signature
Detroit 60
2011 Honda CR-V
Old 06-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
SRC,
You might want to do some checking. On my 2006 Endeavor PAQ there is already a line that runs from the low pressure side of the propane regulator to the curb side of the coach. The curb side terminates behind a small door in the wall of the storage of the bay. The door is just inside the rear curb side door to the pass through storage bay. The line is low pressure propane so it will only work for a barbecue that does not have a built in regulator. You can follow the direction djhinds gave for hooking up the barbecue but you should not have to run the pipe.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Let me guess.. Your tanks are on the driver's (left) side and you want the grill on the patio side.

If you wish to use a product like the Marshall Brass Extend-a-stay to both help provide propane to the "house" on occasion and to the grill often

Just put it on like normal, (even if it's on the wrong side) and use a 10' extension hose to run it under the rig.. No need to modify the motor home/trailer at all. save for the Extend-a-stay. NOTE: this is a high pressure line (Same as a 1 pound throw-away bottle) in fact same connector at the grill end too.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Here are the pictures and explanations of my BBQ gas line install on my MH.

Name:   gas line 10.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  39.1 KB

Removed low pressure hose and bushing and 1/2" steel 90 degree elbow, then replaced with a street elbow, nipple and tee. Reinstalled bushing and hose to bottom of tee. Used ball valve, street elbow (male female elbow) and enough 1/2" steel pipe to reach right side of MH. All installed in fuel / propane bin that is open on the bottom.

Name:   gas line 11.jpg
Views: 1443
Size:  32.5 KB

Used elbow and 14" piece of pipe to put quick connect at a better height to reach. Used "GAS" quick connect (designed for propane gas) as air line quick connects might leak.

Name:   gas line 12.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  31.4 KB

Picture of pipe laying on braces above propane tank.

Name:   gas line 13.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  40.6 KB

Picture of Weber Baby Q 220 with original regulator removed. Went to hardware to find fitting to adapt Baby Q to the quick connect.

Name:   gas line 14.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  41.0 KB

Picture of BBQ with quick connect installed. I found one with a shutoff attached.

Name:   gas line 15.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  41.3 KB

Picture of BBQ next to MH.

Name:   gas line 16.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  32.2 KB

Picture of pipe, quick connect and hose installed.

Had propane store make a up a 18' long hose so I could move BBQ to either side of awning. I used Teflon pipe joint paste on all joints and when done I soap tested everything. It works fantastic Any questions just PM me.

Dave

2004 Monaco Signature
Detroit 60 Series
2011 Honda CR-V
Old 06-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Let me guess.. Your tanks are on the driver's (left) side and you want the grill on the patio side.

If you wish to use a product like the Marshall Brass Extend-a-stay to both help provide propane to the "house" on occasion and to the grill often

Just put it on like normal, (even if it's on the wrong side) and use a 10' extension hose to run it under the rig.. No need to modify the motor home/trailer at all. save for the Extend-a-stay. NOTE: this is a high pressure line (Same as a 1 pound throw-away bottle) in fact same connector at the grill end too.
I did that too. The extend a stay came with a 6 foot hose, and I bought a 10 foot extension.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use a small 11 lb tank similar to this: Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more
Then attach a short gas hose/line I got a Camping World. This combination works just fine for us.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:58 AM   #10
src

Thank Dave, The pictures help will look in to it today.