Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #1

Propane stove top effects front air conditioner

This is a first for me as I am a newbie and used our LP cooktop for the first tine this weekend, when we went to ignite the burner on the stove the front a/c would cut in and out iwith the ignitor , can not find anything in the manual/bible on this. I shut the a/c down and lit the stove than when I turned it back on my electrical panel in the bedroom than went through the process of clicking in and out and flashing though on the control centre from 20 to 50 amps. I shut the breaker off amd than restarted all 20 minutes later and everything fired up normal. By the way Should my inverter be on all the time I am plugged in to shore power. This is on my 06 Camelot. Any comments appreciated, Thanks

Rolly:
Rolly Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #2

OK, I can honestly say , " That's a first "; your igniter must some how be back feeing, into the thermostat wiring. Because the A/C control circuits are 12v controlling the 110 power. I would think you need to trace the igniter power and ground wiring, to check for possible , bad grounds, or any sign of poor power wiring hook up.
Depending on the type of invertor , it my have an automatic , by-pass when hooked to 110 power . Do you have a manual for the inverter ?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
Community Administrator

I've heard of fluorescent lights and curling irons that have affected the a/c controls but not an igniter. We use one if those 12" lighters to light ours.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #4

Rolly, thanx for the info....Both my ACs act up with my fluorescent lights(only 2 lights)...I've not experienced this with lighting the stove
Old 08-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #5

I would love to participate in this discussion if ..... I had anything of value to add, but I don't.

Let me ask though, are your AC's remote controlled? Most AC's with remotes can be effected by things like the flourescent lights that another member mentioned. Your stove top igniter sends an electrical impulse which very well could be triggering something in your AC unit. All I can suggest is to insure your 12v power the the AC controls is adequate. The slightest loss of DC power will effect the most sensitive appliances first.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #6

My A/C is controlled by the comfort control panel and it shows 13 + volts whenever I observe it so it is confusing. I was plugged into 50 amp service when this happened also, Thanks for all the comments .

Rolly
Rolly Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolly Zimmer View Post
My A/C is controlled by the comfort control panel and it shows 13 + volts whenever I observe it so it is confusing. I was plugged into 50 amp service when this happened also, Thanks for all the comments .

Rolly
Turn off all your florescent lamps and try again. Also do this and try to program your key FOB. The florescent lamps have been known to generate a lot of EMI (electromagnet interference).

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, propane