Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #15

That's what I'm trying. just striking out. I'm waiting for Visone Rv to get back to me... Fingers crossed.
M Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2019, 04:55 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
I'm one of the ones who's gone total elect and no longer need propane and have thought about taking the tank out. Naturally it's full and it's over 70" long...just measured it.
I'm afraid you will have a hard time getting a used tank shipped, even if it's empty.

Sorry, as I hoped I could help you and it would motivate me to put in another diesel tank for my generator and Ahot so I could use off road diesel/refer fuel in it.

Assuming you have AquaHot, it's time to upgrade to total electric. We love the new induction cooktops so I removed the stove/oven and replaced with a 2 burner induction...already had a residential refer. Not a problem dry camping with a residential if you add 2 more batteries.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:58 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Having thought about your issue some more and IF I understand it, I would think that relocation the regulator higher up...well above the top of the tank would solve your problem. A large vertical line would help in keeping the liquid from getting to the regulator... maybe.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:28 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
You might try this company,
https://www.tarantin.com/
I downloaded their 2015 catalog and they show the tank you are looking for. If nothing else they may have an alternate source for a tank.
https://www.tarantin.com/images/reso...ne-catalog.pdf
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
I'm one of the ones who's gone total elect and no longer need propane and have thought about taking the tank out. Naturally it's full and it's over 70" long...just measured it.
I'm afraid you will have a hard time getting a used tank shipped, even if it's empty.

Sorry, as I hoped I could help you and it would motivate me to put in another diesel tank for my generator and Ahot so I could use off road diesel/refer fuel in it.

Assuming you have AquaHot, it's time to upgrade to total electric. We love the new induction cooktops so I removed the stove/oven and replaced with a 2 burner induction...already had a residential refer. Not a problem dry camping with a residential if you add 2 more batteries.
Question about going all electric.... what are you using for heat? Heat pump or...? We do a lot of boondock camping, sometimes in cooler weather where it usually runs in the mid 20s to 30s at night. Ive noticed my heat pumps don't work below 32 degrees which requires me to use my furnaces...
M Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:04 PM   #20

Propane tank

Just thinking about that a bit and I think I would go to a RV place and check out the RV's there to see what their tanks look like. Seems odd that a manufacturer would design a unique tank, vs buy an off the shelf one and make it fit.
Jas415-1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:24 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Reynolds View Post
Question about going all electric.... what are you using for heat? Heat pump or...? We do a lot of boondock camping, sometimes in cooler weather where it usually runs in the mid 20s to 30s at night. Ive noticed my heat pumps don't work below 32 degrees which requires me to use my furnaces...
I started the paragraph about going totally elect with “Assuming you have AquaHot.” but did not add “heat” so it is my diesel heat source that works off of 12V...I do not run the generator to power the heat pumps.

Tags
monaco, monaco diplomat, propane, tank