RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #1

Propane Vapor Alarm--2000 Dynasty

The 12VDC supply feeding my Propane Vapor Alarm (located near the floor under the stove) has gone dead. I was attempting to use the heavy #14 wires that feed the alarm to also operate some LED's that draw less than 3 amps. Once connected, the LED's lit for an instant, then the circuit went dead. I cannot locate a fuse that feeds it. I've checked the front run bay, rear run bay, and the 12VDC supply in the bedroom overhead cabinet. Any ideas?

Van W. 2000 Dynasty 36, pulling one Harley

Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2013, 04:05 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanwill View Post
The 12VDC supply feeding my Propane Vapor Alarm (located near the floor under the stove) has gone dead. I was attempting to use the heavy #14 wires that feed the alarm to also operate some LED's that draw less than 3 amps. Once connected, the LED's lit for an instant, then the circuit went dead. I cannot locate a fuse that feeds it. I've checked the front run bay, rear run bay, and the 12VDC supply in the bedroom overhead cabinet. Any ideas?

Van W. 2000 Dynasty 36, pulling one Harley
Van,

Have you checked the circuit to make sure it is dead?

Monaco sometimes hides fuses in wire bundles and other places you would not expect. It sounds like the Propane Vapor Alarm may have been on a 5 amp fused circuit and the LED's put the load over the rating of the fuse.

Hopefuly someone with a 2000 Dynasty will chime in with the location of the fuse.

Bob

nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #3

My neighbors have a '99 Windsor and their LP fuse is in the right rear bay. It's one of the separately mounted ones and not in a fuse panel. It was labeled but for some reason we overlooked it repeatedly. I think it was a 3a or 4a so you very well could have blown yours with those lights.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #4

Thanks, guys! I'll go check that now. I realize the detector probably draws less than an amp, but with #14 wire supplying it, it seems odd that the fuse would be so small. The fuses are usually sized to protect the wire, but I guess in this case it may be protecting the detector. I hope I find it! I have surely wasted a lot of time looking!

Van W. 2000 Dynasty 36 pulling one Harley
Old 09-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #5

Ray, you were right. Found the fuse in the RRB like you said. Don't know how I overlooked it. I'm old...it was dark...I have new glasses--that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

BTW, LED strip lighting in my super-deep pantry worked out GREAT! Painted inside of pantry white before installation, and now with just a single strip of LED's near the door, and a Radio Shack pushbutton, the pantry is brilliantly lit every time you open the door. Doing the same interior white paint and LED's in bedroom cabinets over the nightstands.

Thanks, again!

Van W. 2000 Dynasty 36 pulling one Harley

Tags
propane