Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2020, 10:17 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Proud new owner of a 2009 Monaco Camelot has a question.

Hello all, as a long time member of the IRV2 forums I have found this forum to be a wealth of information. We just sold our 2004 Gulfstream Atrium and purchased a 2009 Monaco Camelot and love it so far with all the quality workmanship that goes into these coaches. (I know, I need to change my info) But I have a quick question, I've quickly skimmed through the owner's manual looking for the procedure to change the entry code for the coach and haven't had any luck. Does anyone here know how to change the code? The previous owner didn't know the code and never used it, he would rather use the key. I figure if it has the option why not use it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
MDPuff.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2020, 10:58 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Congrats on the new coach !

Did you get the case of manuals with it? Look for a small manual from Trimark.
It explains how to change the entry, and bay door codes.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:00 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Yes I did get the case with all the manuals. Have no idea as to where to look, but now I do.
Thanks so much!
Old 10-09-2020, 11:24 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Well I just went through the entire case of manuals and found nothing in regards to Trimark. Where else can I look??
Old 10-09-2020, 11:41 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ok, I found the code for the entry in the owner's manual but it doesn't tell me how to change it. Just need to find the instructions on how to change the code.
Thanks again for your help.
Old 10-10-2020, 04:12 AM   #6

mdpuff-

This post may apply. I culled it from this search.

TriMark may have made the keyless entry system in your coach. Confirm for yourself, as your coach is old enough to have had the keyless entry system replaced with a different make or model.

TriMark's "Keyless Entry Support" page (link here) has links to manuals and videos. Also, TriMark's "Contact Us" page is here.

TriMark makes many different lock models, so it helps to know which one is installed when you contact them. This entry lock info for my coach is listed on its build sheet. The build sheet contains the make, model number and serial number of some non-Monaco components used to build each coach.

Monaco used to provide a build sheet and window sticker on request. You may have paper copies of the build sheet and window sticker with the manuals. If not, there's a chance that REV Group, which owns the Monaco brand now, will dig up the build sheet and window sticker for your coach. REV Group's Monaco "Contact Us" page is here. You should have the serial number for your coach handy when you contact them.

[Note: REV Group will often decline to offer tech support for coaches built prior to their takeover, around 2013. Last I checked, they would still sell you parts and provide the build sheet and window sticker for pre-2013 coaches. Some folks have gotten some diagrams out of Tech Support. In all this, "Your mileage may vary" and "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" apply.]
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 04:13 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Search the Trimark website to find your owners manual. It will spell out how to change the code.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:55 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks so much for the info. The code I found works fine so I think I will just leave it alone and use it. The PO never used it and didn't know the code so I feel I am safe. Plus the PO' are super nice folks that we have become friends with so we wouldn't worry about the code anyway.

Thanks again.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:09 AM   #9

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Great!
Just ask if you have any other questions.
There's plenty of us here that have very similar coaches.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:13 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Yippie!! I found the Trimark manual. Tore apart the case with all the manuals for the entire coach to re-organize it as it was a mess and going through everything one at a time found the manual for Trimark and it has the programming instructions in it. Now I'm a happy camper, just wish the weather was allot better and we could take her out for a shake down trip. What I really wish is that they open the Canada US borders and find a viable Covid vaccine then Arizona here we come!! But I think we will be staying in the great white north for the winter, bummer........
Old 10-12-2020, 04:52 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Does it use a button switch located in the passenger armrest?
If you have Aqua Hot be careful how you winter wise it.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:22 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
No it doesn't have the button in the arm rest. You can program it from the outside key pad. Just winterized it today, it has the winterizing kit built in so I just have to open a valve inside one of the basement compartments then it will pump RV antifreeze through everything including the Aquahot and washing machine. Took 3.5 gallons of antifreeze to winterize it. Between the Aquahot and all the lines it holds quite a bit!! Nice simple system though, I like it. Of course I blew all the lines out first with compressed air.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:08 AM   #13

Winter wise it, maybe typo or auto correct or you ment it but poetic and prophetic...like don't be dumb get it right be winter wise lol. For sure if you have Aquahot read sad story here of trying to blow out with AH that failed .
I have no way of knowing how old my washing machine hose gaskets were but after de-winterizing one must have leaked. Ruining the plywood under washing machine. Some pink contain alcohol that can attack rubber no telling what was used over the many years on my classic. It's a small inexpensive job that I would recommend and even easier after blowing out a system. There are small plastic cylindrical inlet screen cartridges in hose inlets of splendid washing machine with tiny tabs you pull out with pliers.
I was diligent to look and listen for leaks after de-winterizing but hadn't used machine so missed pull up panel above WM I could have just peeked in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
Does it use a button switch located in the passenger armrest?
If you have Aqua Hot be careful how you winter wise it.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:58 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpuff View Post
No it doesn't have the button in the arm rest. You can program it from the outside key pad. Just winterized it today, it has the winterizing kit built in so I just have to open a valve inside one of the basement compartments then it will pump RV antifreeze through everything including the Aquahot and washing machine. Took 3.5 gallons of antifreeze to winterize it. Between the Aquahot and all the lines it holds quite a bit!! Nice simple system though, I like it. Of course I blew all the lines out first with compressed air.
We have basically the same units. My manual says about 6 gallons of antifreeze for the entire system with washer, aquahot, and icemaker. I'm guessing some of that is also for the hose reel? Did you pour into a large bucket and let the pump draw it out or do you have the onboard tank?

Tags
monaco, new owner