Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #1

Pull to left

2002 HR Endeavor 40. Have changed all 8 shocks to Bilstein and love the improved ride etc. Overall, it drives nice, steering is tight and reactive. However, coach seems to have developed a pull to the left over the last 12K miles that has gotten a bit worse. Have checked tire PSI's. Have not checked toe; what else? And please, don't tell me to read the 101 page post, I want to hear about my specific problem and coach. Thanks in advance, TB
TANDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2017, 05:58 PM   #2

In 122 thousand miles the tires may show some unusual tire wear, check with your eyes, also check by rubbing your hand across the threads to see if you have sharo edges in one direction and not the other. A dozen things can cause pulling. I'd suggest an alignment ,doing so will pick up bad tires, and worn parts . Cheap insurance to save expensive tires.

CLIFFORD
clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:16 PM   #3

Does it pull to the left only when braking?
If so it might suggest a brake pad issue?
Just a thought.
Iver.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:14 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANDD View Post
2002 HR Endeavor 40. Have changed all 8 shocks to Bilstein and love the improved ride etc. Overall, it drives nice, steering is tight and reactive. However, coach seems to have developed a pull to the left over the last 12K miles that has gotten a bit worse. Have checked tire PSI's. Have not checked toe; what else? And please, don't tell me to read the 101 page post, I want to hear about my specific problem and coach. Thanks in advance, TB

Air leveling?

Jeff
2001 Dynasty Regent tag axle
Cummins 350 8.3 ISC
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
FMCA ENERGIZED Task Force Chairman
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:27 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
A quick way to see if it is a tire problem is to swap the two front tires with each other. Then go drive it. It may go straight or it may go left if it is a tire problem. If no change, an alignment check would be the next step.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:59 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Air Levelling?

I had exactly the same symptom on my 2002 Dynasty equipped with an HWH air levelling system. If you have air levelling, it could be slightly out of adjustment, but still give you a "travel" light. Again, if you have an HWH system, air up, then take a tape and measure ground up to the top of the wheel wells all around. If those measurements are the same side to side, it's not the air levelling. However, if you notice a difference side to side of more than a couple inches, especially in the front, your HWH system needs adjustment by a technician. In that case, you can have someone help you to manually adjust the side to side height.; then drive. You may find that slight pull is gone.

Good luck.
TomAndPeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:31 AM   #7

Do not have air leveling. RR8R, no tag. Michelin tires, 4 years old. Any suggestions on where to have 4 wheel alignment in Tacoma Wa. area?
Thanks for all, TB
TANDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:15 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Had same problem with Goodyear tires at 25k. Had alignment, spec were perfect. Switched front tires, pulled to the right. Have that done before alignment. If pull reverses, replace front tires.