Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2020, 08:29 AM   #1

Purchased 2008 Diplomat SKQ

I just purchased my first diesel pusher, showing 32,000 miles. Unfortunately there are NO records of any of the maintenance for this vehicle. I am thinking I need to start with changing all the filters, and I am finding some info on fleetguard filters, I am afraid I could miss some. Does anyone have a list they would post of of filter numbers for engine, generator, not sure what else I need for this model? I have other questions also, but I'll just ask one for now. When leveling the coach, does it automatially air down while stabilizers are going down. I've read the manual but still confused. Book says engine must be running to use stabilizers, but if its running isn't it also pumping back up?
1bestins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2020, 10:48 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
1bestins - you made a good choice with the Monaco Diplomat, and not only that, you came the the right forum. Welcome

I will leave others to answer your questions but while you wait for the help you request, you could have a look at the manual for your coach. It is handy for many things like the spec for filters (page 236) and levelling procedures (page 212) ect. Here is is: https://www.monacocoach.com/rv-owners-manuals

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:50 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Congrats!

Keep her between the ditches !

Sorry, can't help with your questions as I have a different generator, and no hyd leveling system!

Cheers.... Ben.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I have a 07 Diplomat. I only dump the air before leveling if the the ground is really uneven. How uneven is something you will learn with use. If you level your rv and find the rear, front or one side of the jacks extended fully and you still aren't level (or the tires are off the ground) then raise the jacks and dump the air and level again. Your jack leveling system should work with the engine off and key on.. Also both rear tires should never be off the ground because these are the wheel brakes that keep your rv from rolling.
Also remember your slides will not work with the key on.. This has had me searching for blown fuses etc, because I forgot to turn the key off.. Hope this helps you. Doug
flamebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:59 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Oh yes and welcome to the forum, lots of great folks here with lots of knowledge and help. .....
flamebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:15 PM   #6

Congrats on your new coach purchase.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bestins View Post
I just purchased my first diesel pusher, showing 32,000 miles. Unfortunately there are NO records of any of the maintenance for this vehicle. I am thinking I need to start with changing all the filters, and I am finding some info on fleetguard filters, I am afraid I could miss some. Does anyone have a list they would post of of filter numbers for engine, generator, not sure what else I need for this model? I have other questions also, but I'll just ask one for now. When leveling the coach, does it automatially air down while stabilizers are going down. I've read the manual but still confused. Book says engine must be running to use stabilizers, but if its running isn't it also pumping back up?
Hi, and welcome to the iRV2 forums!

The expensive lessons of others who have shared their plight here, that drive train and serious chassis issues are the most "immediately expensive" things that can happen. Everything else - generators, jacks, slide outs - while inconvenient and curse-worthy, are of lesser consequence.

What I've learned here leads me to suggest thusly:

1) find a Precious Chassis Fluids lab to analyze your engine oil, transmission fluid, and engine coolant. You could pull a sample of the generator oil, too. One such P.C.F. chemist that gets a lot of love from our forum participants is Blackstone Labs. I have no affiliation with them, just see their services positively mentioned here. These will be your base-line measurements and in the future you'll be looking for trends. Whatever lab you use should have interpretation guidelines.
2) Are you a DIY kind of RV owner? The temptation to save on routine service is strong and normally a good thing. For your first time, though, it would be to your advantage to have the chassis serviced and inspected by a firm that knows the Roadmaster RR8R. Likewise, drive train service and *inspection* by an RV-knowledgeable Cummins/Allison shop. It will be pricey but the inspection and use of OEM parts and labor is your benchmark. You're paying them to look at/look for things you might not notice, too.
3) When you do the next oil/filter changes, pull samples for the lab. Use OEM filters and parts, or top line equivalents. Cheap filters are cheap for a reason.
4) With an unknown service and maintenance history, replacing all coolant hoses, engine belts and their associated tensioners is better done now than at roadside or "tow-side".

Once you're fully confident in the drive train and chassis systems you can go anywhere and fix, or get fixed, whatever else is needed.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:24 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Download your owners manual here.
https://www.monacocoach.com/rv-owners-manuals

After you download it click on Edit on the top pull down menu and then click on Find. This will allow you to search the manual.
Page 236 of your owners manual has a chart with all your filters listed as well as a chart with all your liquid capacities. Your generator service info is in the upper right corner of the page.
Best of luck!

Oil Filter Fleetguard LF 9009
Fuel Filter (Primary) Fleetguard FS 1003
Fuel Filter (Secondary) Fleetguard FF 5636
Alternator Serpentine Belt Cummins 3972387
Air Filter Donaldson P533930
Air Dryer Filter Meritor Wabco R950011
Transmission Filter Allison 29545779
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:53 PM   #9
YC1

Welcome to the forum.

We have the sister ship, Endeavor 40SKQ 2008.

Private message me with your e-mail and I will send you literally hundreds of files covering the RV and lots of extra things gleaned since buying it new.

These are incredibly complex houses living on an earthquake.

When changing fuel filters there are lots of threads on the issue. I cannot get mine to start or run if I do not pre-fill the filters. I do one filter at a time too and run it after each one is changed.

You will get lots of opinions on pre-filling but all I can tell you is that mine refuses to run if I don't pre-fill. Easy enough to do but be sure you find out the proper way.

Your battery charging system is a brain twister but when things are up to speed it is a great system.

The manual is 240 + pages. Read it several times and use a highlighter and note pad.

Owning an RV like this you need to be handy with tools, a voltmeter, or a check book and often all three.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #10

Thanks to all for the welcome, and the help.
1bestins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:54 PM   #11

Welcome, I have the 2007 PDQ learned tons about it right here on the forum. I has more answers than most RV shops.
Gregs4018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase