Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2019, 06:33 AM   #15
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
I have attached two photos of our coach ingress/egress, one from the outside viewing in and one from inside looking forward. I believe we removed the handrail in the second photo but that was 8 years ago.

Bob
Thanks that is almost identical to my setup.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2019, 08:10 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Jc refrigeration now offers an electric compressor conversion for norcolds. I believe it is Ac or dc.
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
They need to remove both refrigerator doors and the freezer drawer.
Before they deliver it, you need to remove the passenger seat (4 bolts), the grab rail, and the door retainer. Tie the door back against the mirror. I also taped up the door catch and put quilts over the dash.

Turn the fridge on its side. The coach door opening tapers towards the top so the fridge has to come in through the bottom half of the door pointed on a 45 degree slant towards the ceiling in the center of the coach. Not simple, but it works. It should go in above your center console.

It helps to have three people, two on the bottom and one inside at the top. The straps that go around the fridge and attach to a waist belt help a lot.

Home Depot delivery set our Samsung inside the coach next to the dinette for us and I gave them a good tip.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/is-i...or-346927.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/sams...re-356096.html
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:41 PM   #18

Thank you all very much for the information, links and "good lucks". This was so much more helpful then my previous hours searching this information.
Here's my update: We removed the Norcold from it's location, but not out of the coach. After measuring, there's no way we can make it out the front door. We tried removing the passenger seat and front door, but no go. The slant of the door is a problem and probably the console. So, we're now researching how to remove the driver's side window, since this is the next best option. We have also decided to choose a new refer since the Samsung RF18 just won't fit and we don't have the time (or energy at this point!) to fabricate anything like Van did. (which was pretty cool) We do have the heater underneath so we're looking about 63"-66" high (if we drop the floor), 25 1/4" deep and 32 3/4" wide. The recommendation of the Fischer Paykel was great since the dimensions would fit perfect, but not sure we want to spend that much.
Here I thought boats were money pits, boy was I wrong!

Thanks, again!
ladymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:00 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymac View Post
Thank you all very much for the information, links and "good lucks". This was so much more helpful then my previous hours searching this information.
Here's my update: We removed the Norcold from it's location, but not out of the coach. After measuring, there's no way we can make it out the front door. We tried removing the passenger seat and front door, but no go. The slant of the door is a problem and probably the console. So, we're now researching how to remove the driver's side window, since this is the next best option. We have also decided to choose a new refer since the Samsung RF18 just won't fit and we don't have the time (or energy at this point!) to fabricate anything like Van did. (which was pretty cool) We do have the heater underneath so we're looking about 63"-66" high (if we drop the floor), 25 1/4" deep and 32 3/4" wide. The recommendation of the Fischer Paykel was great since the dimensions would fit perfect, but not sure we want to spend that much.
Here I thought boats were money pits, boy was I wrong!

Thanks, again!
We dissembled the Norcold while it was still inside the coach. Take the doors off and see if that will let you get thru the door. If not take the cooling unit off the back. It will be much lighter and will go if there are no doors and the cooling unit is removed. Our Norcold was still working but we would never give it to someone else and jeopardize their safety so we did not mind tearing the crap out of it.

This frig is not counter depth but I think the height will just squeeze in the space.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpoo...FY9GNwodPXQMIw

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, monaco, wind