RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2014, 08:15 PM   #1

QA Problems with Holiday Rambler Vacationer

Has anybody had problems with 2013 Vacationer? We are having numerous problems with our new motorhome. HR has done very little to resolve the problems and our dealer RV World Fl. has been little or no help.

unmudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
What kind of problems - post your list.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #3

The list is long. Just a few are: slides not fitting properly against out side wall, leveling problems, several electrical problems, roof issues were sealant was coming off because the surface was not prepared right, awning power head coming off, outside paint issues, driver seat issues, hot water tank water leak that flooded the coach at night, hole in floor by entry door, water leaking in by refrig, Diamond shield coming off, hot water heater not working on a reliable basis, lose cables on antennae and radio, deflective charging board which ruined our coach batteries. The list goes on and on. We have been to Decatur service center and spend almost 2 weeks to fix problems but still have serious problems. I know there are problems with new coaches but really this many problems? But HR's position is that they honor their warranty no matter how much time of our time and expense it will take to have the items fixed.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
That is a heck of a list! Are you going direct to HR?
Old 09-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #5

Yes, they basically said you are stuck with the motorhome and live through this nightmare. I have to make my own arrangements and time to get them fixed. But, they will honor their warranty to get them fixed. Really, we bought a motorhome to have fun but it has been far from it. I thought HR had made a quality motorhome but apparently not. This unit is a terrible build. I traded in a motorhome in better physical and mechanical shape than this garbage. The dealer abandoned me and was very little to get me out of this motorhome. I recommend that you not buy Allied Recreational Group products.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:24 AM   #6

That 2013 HR is a Navastar built unit I think, Not a ARG built......I could be wrong but...............

Mike
Lincolnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:46 AM   #7

I am considering a 2013 Bounder vs 2013 HR Vacationer...seems like a coin toss on which to choose. You have me leaning the other way...ugh
vinniechains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #8

Floor problems with Bounder and Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniechains View Post
I am considering a 2013 Bounder vs 2013 HR Vacationer...seems like a coin toss on which to choose. You have me leaning the other way...ugh
There was a delaminating problem with the 2012 Bounders and Storms. They were replacing a lot of floors when we were there at Decatur. The units were out of warranty so the owner was stuck with the bill.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:20 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like you got a lemon, don't know if auto lemon laws apply but you can try.

On the good side at least HR is saying they will fix things under warranty.

My advice is to document everything, present the list to HR customer service and work out a time you can bring the coach in to have everything fixed. I'd also ask for some relief for travel costs. I'd also ask for an extension to warranty to make sure you are 100% taken care of.

The first time the refuse to fix something I'd take them to small claims court, you'll win.

I bought a Class C motorhome back in 1997 with a Ford Chassis. The RV portion was great, the Ford Chassis sucked. Had problems with tires, front end, transmission, and exhaust manifold 2 times. The first time it took 12 weeks to fix the exhaust manifold because there were no new manifolds in inventory because they had to replace a huge number. I 4 wrote letters to their customer service department with no reply, the 5th letter I sent registered mail to the CEO and got a phone call from customer service but no satisfaction. I swore I'd never buy another Ford and to this date I haven't. I also told the customer service rep that I'd tell hundred's of people of my problem which I've done.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
We recently bought a 2015 Vacationer and our punch list is not nearly as bad. We do have a slide out that quit working and some other issues, but overall, we are happy with the coach. There are no "deal breakers" on our list.

Good luck with getting your issues resolved.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:21 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I feel your pain.

I feel your pain. It seems quality control has not gotten much better since 2008.
We had a very long list of problems and resolved almost all of the house problems when we took the coach to Elkhart to Elkhart Service and Collision. The chassis problems were handled by Terry Labonte Commercial Truck/RV service in Greensboro NC. Both places are excellent.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I too have a 2013 Vacationer and have had some of the same problems. I fixed the holes along side the step wells myself. The slides do not touch the sides at the bottom but are tight against the walls at the top when closed (HR decided that it is normal from pictures the dealer sent them). I had to treplace the relay that connects the house and chasis batteries when on shore power (I replced due to $30 part or $45 gas to and from service center along with having to leave it. Problem with one heat pump, driver seat switch had to be replaced. 2" hole in firewall for 1/4" camera cable to pass through (I covered and insulated it myself), Every drawer catch had to be removed and filler placed in the holes and reattached because the pilot holes were drilled the same size as the screws. All television cable connections were loose (not even hand tight). I also had to remount the level sensing unit as it was put in at about a 30 degree angle with the centerline of the coach so that the unit had trouble determining witch jack to lower to bring it to level. I only noticed because even on fairly level ground it would end up leveling repeatedly until the front tires were off the ground. I read the instalation manual and Lipert recommends the sensor be as close to the center of the coach on both axis as possible. HR placed it in the front passenger side compartment.

As you can tell I too am a little frustrated with the workmanship and quality control.

That said we have enjoyed traveling in it and everthing that has been repaired has worked fine.

I have definitly learned a few things from this that if we decide to buy a new coach in the future I will pay a lot closer attention before buying and I will ensure that items I want fixed are done before buying rather than allowing the dealer to make a list of items that they will fix later.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:35 PM   #13

I hate to suggest this but could not lemon laws help
oldfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:05 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like some true quality (lack of) issues when basic components are failing like relays and switches together with the lack of care regarding the assembly and build.