Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2015, 12:56 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
Tea is fine thanks for answering Gary's questions. Sanford
Me too, gave up alcohol 20 years ago and have never missed it.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2015, 01:28 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
Van are you or someone else going to bring these "name" tags to each Quartzsite outing? Sanford PS I guess there is NO truth is advertising (permanent markers).
I'll bring them to every one I attend. On the chance I miss one, I could ship them to someone else. Pretty heavy, though. I'm making them so they can be disassembled for compact storage, but the posts are 5/8 square stainless steel 24" long, so (50) of them weigh about 130#. Pretty compact when broken down, though.
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:44 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanwill View Post
Mike, I'm planning to make some heavy-duty metal name placards that we can hammer into the ground in front of each person's coach. I'll send you a sample when I get them made. I'll bring them with me. PM me--I've got another idea that might help you get set up. Really looking forward to seeing everyone again this year!

And just a reminder, but if everyone who has a name badge from ANY source would bring it with them, it would be easier for old farts with CRS like me to learn your name.
Those name placards sound cool as hell Van.

I am working on the wife, trying to talk her into heading to QZ this winter for a few days/week. We have never been before but I would like to meet everyone from the forum and put a face with a name.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post

I am working on the wife, trying to talk her into heading to QZ this winter for a few days/week. We have never been before but I would like to meet everyone from the forum and put a face with a name.

Mike.
Go for it Mike. You don't know what you have been missing until you try it.

I have yet to hear anyone not enjoying the company of this group. From your post I really can't see you being the first to regret attending.

What have you got to loose? Give it a chance

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:01 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post

Mike.
Mike, you will absolutely love this gathering! It is like a "gearhead convention". Almost everyone has some particular RV skill (or several), and lots of things get worked on, improved or repaired. You get to exchange ideas in person with some really talented folks. You would be right at home.

Hope you can make it. I would surely like to meet you and your wife.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:23 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Mike,
I second Van's comments. The first year we went we said we would stay 3 days if it was a good group. We stayed 10. It is a great group and you will surely enjoy time spent.

Deb and I also look forward to meeting you and yours.

Roy
Old 09-22-2015, 08:31 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Would like to meet you all this would be our first Quartzsite visit joining a cool group of Monoco,ers would be great .DW is a great cook and baker she will bring cookies Dutch style how about it everyone can we come???
We own a 2013 Monaco Monarch 33 SFD
Thanks
George & Barbara
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:51 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
Would like to meet you all this would be our first Quartzsite visit joining a cool group of Monoco,ers would be great .DW is a great cook and baker she will bring cookies Dutch style how about it everyone can we come???
We own a 2013 Monaco Monarch 33 SFD
Thanks
George & Barbara
George, if Barbara brings cookies, I'm sure Harry will reserve you a space!
Old 09-22-2015, 09:14 PM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
WE will be as usual about 300 yards away with 3 other rigs, but will come visit.

Mike
Old 09-22-2015, 10:39 PM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
Dutch style cookies, Hmmm! I guess I'll be bringing orange cones to reserve the spots next to me for those that matter. You have to keep your priorities in order.

There might even be an aged Scotch section not to far away.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:57 PM   #67
R&J

Monaco Owners Club
It may take more then 4 dozen this year after going through 48 taster. Harry cookies requires 98% thumbs up before he try one.
R&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:37 AM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
I volunteer to he Harry's taster. Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post
Go for it Mike. You don't know what you have been missing until you try it.

I have yet to hear anyone not enjoying the company of this group. From your post I really can't see you being the first to regret attending.

What have you got to loose? Give it a chance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanwill View Post
Mike, you will absolutely love this gathering! It is like a "gearhead convention". Almost everyone has some particular RV skill (or several), and lots of things get worked on, improved or repaired. You get to exchange ideas in person with some really talented folks. You would be right at home.

Hope you can make it. I would surely like to meet you and your wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcb View Post
Mike,
I second Van's comments. The first year we went we said we would stay 3 days if it was a good group. We stayed 10. It is a great group and you will surely enjoy time spent.

Deb and I also look forward to meeting you and yours.

Roy
Thanks guys. I would really like to swing this. Just have to juggle work and convince the wife that boondocking for a week would be fine. She lover her shore power. We've done it for a few days at a time especially when we were racing but she didn't like running the genset all the time. Now that we have been away from racing and more traveling she prefers not to boondock if we don't need to.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:22 PM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
zmotorsports - Mike -- We don`t like boondocking either, & not prepared for it -- We park outside the circle so we can use the generator without bothering anyone -- We live 150 miles from Q, & usually stay 3/4 days -- You & your DW will enjoy the diverse group -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite