Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
If I go to Quartzsite in January 2009, how like am I to meet iRV2 members from Monaco owners forum?

Is anyone going or have you all been there. done that?

Is there anywhere in particular where "Monaco people" meet up, and if not, can anyone recommend a good place to go? I was passing through at the RV show this year, never having heard the faintest about Quartzsite, and it looked like fun to me. Maybe I am just getting to old and to easily excited

The Great Dane

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
If I go to Quartzsite in January 2009, how like am I to meet iRV2 members from Monaco owners forum?

Is anyone going or have you all been there. done that?

Is there anywhere in particular where "Monaco people" meet up, and if not, can anyone recommend a good place to go? I was passing through at the RV show this year, never having heard the faintest about Quartzsite, and it looked like fun to me. Maybe I am just getting to old and to easily excited

The Great Dane

Old 07-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
There is a Monaco International Balloon Festival Rally in Albuquerque, NM October 7th to the 12th. We signed up about five months ago and plan to attend. I think there is a waiting list by now if you are a member, or you can join now and get on the waiting list. There are always cancellations for one reason or the other.

Click here to go to their web site where you will find future rallies and membership information.

CC
Old 07-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Great Dane....We've gone the last three years during the last week of the RV Show. Because I'm still working, we make it a quick weekend. We've been staying at the Palms Rv Park in town (no pets allowed).

We've always had a lot of fun. Last year wasn't quite as much fun because some things had changed. Because the town has hardly any permanent residents, the City has increased the sales tax to somewhere around 10%. The small town swells in the winter with people not paying property tax and the City was getting killed by police and fire services. That increase really hurt business.

We always enjoyed walking around the flea markets, but half of those were also cut out last year.

Finally, the RV Show has become more of a trinkets show. Very few RV products and a lot of jewelery, pots and pans, and other non-rv related stuff.

I'm not saying not to go, but like everything else....stuff changes. I'm hoping this year maybe the RV industry will take a closer look at this event and bring more RV related products.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:05 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Last year we were at Las Posas South BLM area and stayed there for two weeks. We were there with many IRV2'ers who came in and out at different times of our stay. We had some of our best times camping with these new friends.
The RV show was OK, but meeting the people was the best part. We are coming out west this winter again and we will be at Quartzite. I don't know if we will be in the same place, it's a little early to tell. But we will be there.
The first day there.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Great Dane -- Why wait till winter -- Come on down to S. Arizona now, & you won`t have to put up with all the crowd,have the pick of parking spots,& the 4 or 5 locals will be so happy to see you -- Are you the one`s that was at Camp Monaco this past winter having your roof repaired? Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hi Guy's

Thank you for your response.

We are not going specifically for the RV stuff but to meet all of you great people enjoying the same interest as us - RVing. We just thought that Quartzsite might be the place to go to make some new friends.

Looking at Drifters photo's - this looks really nice and for us - this is what it's all about.

Bill - no, this wasn't us. We went to Elkhart in October 2007 but not to have our roof repaired.

I think we will take a chance and go to Quartzsite. If we don't go we don't know what we have been missing

See you there - maybe?

The Great Dane

Old 07-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Great Dane -- I was being facetious - I live here in S.Az & it`s NOT the place to be this time of year - When at Camp Monaco Harrisburg in Jan. a couple was there having the M/H roof replaced (a tree had fell on it)They had a Danish & American Flag on back of their coach -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We are planning to be there again. It truly was a great time with great people. Hopefully some of you will return and hopefully some new friends will join us. As the time gets closer we'll see who will be there, where we want to camp, who can bring a little firewood, what time is happy hour, where we'll shop, etc. We liked the last place, but there is so much open space there to choose from. And the BLM areas are almost free. We were close enough to the water faucets, dump stations and trash dumpsters. We have some really good memories of Quartzsite 2008 and we're looking forward to 2009. Here's a link to some of last year's planning.
QZ 2008
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote