Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Quartzsite RV Show 2014

Time to start a new thread for 2014. We will be there for all of January. See you in South La Posa. We will be in Morro Bay for July, August and September, at the Cypress RV Park, if anyone is in the neighborhood.

Luke and Kathy and Charlie
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We have made early plans. Plan so fare : Arrive on the 17th of January and leave on the 22nd.

Luke, are you staying at Quail Run next year? We may join you for a few days after the 22nd so I can "pick your brain" with regards to metal detecting I assume that early booking is advices.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Every year there are fellow RV'ers who are uncertain about what to expect if they decide to join us at "Camp Monaco" in Quartzsite.

I made a small video clip in January 2013 that show our camp - .

Here is a few things to remember (my personal opinion):

• This is not a "Club" as such. Joining is free except for a nominal camp fee for staying at BLM land (paid at the "gate"). You don't have to "enlist" or "rapport" that you are coming - just turn up and enjoy the company.
  • If you own an RV other than a Monaco, you are just as welcome.
  • If you do own a Monaco, you will find "a world of knowledge" right there. Nowhere else will there be so many friendly people who will share their knowledge and lend a helping hand.
  • Camp Monaco is "boondocking". I.e. no hook-ups at all. A few hundred yards down the gravel road, you will be able to empty your black/grey tanks and fill up your fresh water tank with drinkable water, but be prepared to cue up (depending on what time of day you go). Come prepared - that means a full fridge, a full tank of fuel, a full tank of water and empty black/grey water tanks.
  • For us, the show is not so much about the RV show, although we do always by a few necessary spares there. For us it's more about the fact that we get to spend "quality time" with people who enjoy the same things we do. Most stuff at the RV show you will be able to buy as cheap or cheaper on-line, so if this is the only reason for going, you may be disappointed.

I am hoping that Drifter will " take the lead" again this year, and we are already looking very much forward to see everyone at "Camp Monaco"

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Lukeaa, I'm still washing the dirt off of mine from the 2013 show!
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Nice video and "things to remember" just about perfect.
If all goes as planned Angie and Craig will be at Camp Monaco for about three weeks this year. Angie just retired and I have one week left......YAHOOOOO !!! That will make free time, ha ha , a little easier to come by.
Looking forward to having a glass of vino with some great people again.
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We will be staying at Quail Run for the month of January and then move to Tucson for the gem/mineral/fossil show in February.

Henrik, early booking is a good idea. We will move out to La Posa South for 4-5 days like last year. I see metal detecting is big in your area: Viking coins unearthed in Denmark - San Francisco Chronicle
Old 05-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #7

join the group

My wife and I are long time RV'ers, but new to the Monaco Family. Sounds like a fun group of people. We've always wanted to come to Quartzite and plan on attending next year. How close to the "show" will you be located? Close enough to walk or a golf cart recommended?
The V's
fired up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The area where we gather is about 2 miles from the big top. Use of a car or ATV would be highly recommended over a golf cart. We are a friendly group, however, so just ask. There will certainly be others traveling into the area that are willing to share a ride.

Welcome to the group. :-)
e8seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
On the map, it looks to be about 2.7 miles between where we camp and the Big Tent. We would love to have you. The more rigs, the merrier. Over about a 14 day period, we will have about 20-30 rigs pulling in and out for various stays. Some shorter, some longer. We sit around and talk rig maintenance and drink wine and tell tall tales. Some of the guys even drink beer. It is an experience you will remember all your life.

Luke
Old 05-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #10

We will just have to keep our fingers on the pulse as the time grows closer and make plans accordingly, thanks. We would like to get some fitted sofa/seat covers for our Monaco, we were told everything under the sun for RV's is at Quartzite so we thought "That" would be the place to find them.
fired up is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite