Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2019, 02:32 PM   #253

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thank you

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Brutal honesty here. As an annual winter visitor at La Posa South I resent those who want to use the facilities here without paying. I bought my $180 season pass on 10/16/2018.

I expect January to be chaos here and plan ahead so I don’t have to wait in the long lines that all of the RV show visitors cause. And I enjoy seeing y'all leave the place to us once again.

RVing is not cheap and Monaco’s are a higher end vehicle. I assume all of you could afford the $40 fee. Is it wrong for me to expect everyone to pay their fair share?

BTW that rumor came from a BLM volunteer who has an inside track on the goings on here. Why do you think those driveway cameras were installed, anyway?

You can’t claim you weren’t warned.
I talked to a Ranger Tuesday morning after the reopening when he was handing out the red papers and he told me you pay from that time on or leave. Not a volunteer, and to be brutal you need to read the BLM regulations.
OutlawFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:52 AM   #255

From some Newbees

Sandy and I would like to thank everyone for a wonderful time, made a lot of new friends and met a lot of great people. A special thanks to Mike (Drifter) for all the time he put in helping people and organizing this event.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:58 AM   #256

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Why do you think those driveway cameras were installed, anyway?
There wasn't enough money for a wall
Old 02-04-2019, 01:21 AM   #257

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Brutal honesty here. As an annual winter visitor at La Posa South I resent those who want to use the facilities here without paying. I bought my $180 season pass on 10/16/2018.

I expect January to be chaos here and plan ahead so I don’t have to wait in the long lines that all of the RV show visitors cause. And I enjoy seeing y'all leave the place to us once again.

RVing is not cheap and Monaco’s are a higher end vehicle. I assume all of you could afford the $40 fee. Is it wrong for me to expect everyone to pay their fair share?

BTW that rumor came from a BLM volunteer who has an inside track on the goings on here. Why do you think those driveway cameras were installed, anyway?

You can’t claim you weren’t warned.
As one of the resented ones, I can honestly state that I attempted to get a pass several weeks before we came out, and that I was astounded that our elected overseers could not come up with a way for people to register and pay online. Nor could the park managers develop a pay, drop off box where the honest folks could assuage the guilt created by parking in a dusty field without a license.

Tried to get some water but it was 1801(pm) and the water apparently was "closed for replenishing", then when I thought about using the dump station, the hour long line dissuaded me.

So HAADD I purchased a pass, I probably would have complained and demanded my $$$ back, since I wasn't able to, let's just consider it a wash.

And please clarify, did buying your pass in Oct help you avoid those long lines, just curious what benefits your wisdom and prior planning provided to you.

Anyways, thanks for the warning... umm, heads up... I'll be ready for em...
Oldcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:18 AM   #258

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is a link where you can pay for your stay in the LTVA.

https://yourpassnow.com/ParkPass/blm...rlBofgriN7Vh1c

Fees only pay for 75% of the services provided here. The shutdown this year came at the worst possible time. I fear the budget shortfall will negatively impact this wonderful resource for several years.

Thank you for paying your share!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:49 AM   #259

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
And yes, this was an empty desert in October. The welcome stations were only open on alternate days so I traveled to Tyson Wells LTVA to buy my pass.

Yes, the dump station lines are long during the late morning hours when y'all were here, but at 6:30 am one morning I was all alone.

Let's put things into proper perspective. For $2.86/day the 2 week pass entitles you to park here and use the services. If you travel into Quartzsite to buy water and dump it will cost you up to $20, you'll still wait in long lines and you'll use fuel. The only legal trash disposable is at the city transfer station about 12 miles north of here off Hwy 95. Then you have the hassle of parking and setting up again.

Those of us that spend the winter here have mixed emotions about the throngs that visit here in January. It's fun to meet new people and make new friends, but y’all sure make for a tough month.

All I’m asking is that you pay your fair share so that we all can enjoy the winter's sunshine here without any cuts in services due to Congress not being able to play together nicely.

See y'all next year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-04-2019, 06:25 PM   #260

Monaco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Monacoers Super Bowl Party

Thank you George and Melissa for hosting the Super Bowl Party last night ... The game wasn't the greatest, but the fellowship and food was fantastic. I'll add a few more pictures on our shared photo gallery for everyone to enjoy. We are now in Vegas; looking forward to seeing you all again next year. Take Care ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Super Bowl Party.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	419.2 KB
ID:	234083  
AltartoAltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:17 AM   #261

show week at quartsite

I too was at the q during the show rv show week . I payed little attention to the gem part. Have rv'ed a long time and being a bit older--- found that I had no need for many of the items for sale, yet the little floor sweeper came back to the rv with me. I also picked up a few interesting little electrical pieces and air chuck. For me finding simple little things that answer a need that comes up almost weekly is really helpful and just add a bit of additional pleasure on top of the good times with the other irv2 people all circled up at the Q ! I enjoyed meeting Drifter for the first time and parked next to chuck, in the outer ring. I found my self kind a shy for some reason, so next year I'll to overcome that and get acquainted with a few more of you fellow IRV2 people.
It was a good year there at the Q, fair weather lots of people moving around enjoying themselves! For me some of the fun was learning the best way to cope with lines in lots of places -- like the dump, I found get there early was good also at the show was also good course a little later in the week in the morning one could walk about the tent freely with none of the competition for space that Monday was like.
Looking forward to seeing all of you next year!!!
Old 02-05-2019, 12:05 PM   #262

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Here is a link where you can pay for your stay in the LTVA.

https://yourpassnow.com/ParkPass/blm...rlBofgriN7Vh1c

Fees only pay for 75% of the services provided here. The shutdown this year came at the worst possible time. I fear the budget shortfall will negatively impact this wonderful resource for several years.

Thank you for paying your share!
I looked at it, there's no way to buy a pass retroactively, so for this year, I'm just going to take a pass on the pass.

For those fearing a decline in service due to Lost Revenue, someone might want to point out to the government that there are ways to collect money and issue permits that work all by themselves, even if they are closed for the day/week/month.

The internet is a neat place with all sorts of cool features that apparently have gone undiscovered by the people who supposedly created it LOL...

It's a bit ridiculous that the site that people pay money to for passes, shuts down along with the government. Oh well, will try again next year.
Oldcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:40 PM   #263

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
There's no reason you couldn’t pay for any 2 weeks in the future and not use the pass. The RRV group paid that way and sent me the link to pass along to other large groups that were here.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-05-2019, 09:24 PM   #264

Thumbs up Superbowl LIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltartoAltar View Post
Thank you George and Melissa for hosting the Super Bowl Party last night ... The game wasn't the greatest, but the fellowship and food was fantastic. I'll add a few more pictures on our shared photo gallery for everyone to enjoy. We are now in Vegas; looking forward to seeing you all again next year. Take Care ...
It was our pleasure Robert. Sorry that I couldn't repeat the peach cobbler. :-)

We are now down in the Imperial Dam BLM, hoping that the car is finally fixed tomorrow. Won't know for sure until tomorrow morning.

Not sure what you mean by, the game wasn't the greatest. The greatest quarterback in football history, got his 6th ring. And, I got to do my winning dance, like I have done for 6 out of the last 18 years. Did I say, the greatest team in NFL history? No?

theBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:22 PM   #265

Quote:
There's no reason you couldn’t pay for any 2 weeks in the future and not use the pass. The RRV group paid that way and sent me the link to pass along to other large groups that were here.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
You might do some more research, taxes paid by all tax paying citizens of the United States pay for BLM to operate the LTVAs. The money made from these sites is used for upgrades or improvements. This is why they shut down when the government shuts down. The Rangers are paid by the government as are the volunteers who make $75 a month. So to say that a citizen of the US, or a senior and especially a veteran who has paid Taxes most if not all their adult lives is not paying their share is not only insulting but very arrogant.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:41 PM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawFarmer View Post
You might do some more research, taxes paid by all tax paying citizens of the United States pay for BLM to operate the LTVAs. The money made from these sites is used for upgrades or improvements. This is why they shut down when the government shuts down. The Rangers are paid by the government as are the volunteers who make $75 a month. So to say that a citizen of the US, or a senior and especially a veteran who has paid Taxes most if not all their adult lives is not paying their share is not only insulting but very arrogant.

[emoji106][emoji481]
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite