Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2018, 07:35 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBeav View Post
DW and I are also planning on attending this year. We just went fulltime last month and are currently in Southern New England. Looking forward to meeting all of you that have helped me over the last few months, as we got ready to go.

What is the average temp around there during that time? We sure love the 72 degrees that we are getting today. It's like living on a screened in porch. :-)
Weather could be all over the board. Last year there were 80 days (early on), then I think it was highs in 60's and 70's. Could rain. Probably will have wind. Lows in 30's or lower. Sun rises and sun sets are spectacular.

One thing for sure, great bunch of people.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2018, 10:32 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
Weather could be all over the board. Last year there were 80 days (early on), then I think it was highs in 60's and 70's. Could rain. Probably will have wind. Lows in 30's or lower. Sun rises and sun sets are spectacular.

One thing for sure, great bunch of people.
Thanks. Looking forward to it.
theBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:03 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
I really enjoyed the IRV2 Monaco group this year. I’ve since sold my old Monaco[emoji22] and purchased a newer Tiffin. Now what do I do? Is there a Tiffin group there?
RROLDSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:50 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
We are noobs too and looking forward to attending Q, but will need to move quickly to get from Galveston to Q in two weeks. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:53 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcb View Post
Thanks Rich for reminding us.

There were a bunch of folks left out of the circle because of the limited area and two coaches that parked sideways and would not move. Some of our attendees drove all the way from the East coast to find out they could not park in our circle.

When the ranger came around to make sure everyone had paid I also asked him what we could do to help ensure our area was big enough or not intruded on by outsiders. He told me that we should move out a little further where he said there are some larger areas. He speculated that some folks want to park where we park because of the restroom nearby. I'm not sure about that, but maybe it has been a factor in some instances.

Anyway, we have had issues for the last few years with this kind of thing and have been unable to accommodate all attendees into our limited circle, so perhaps it would be wise to consider another area.

Deb and I offered to show up early to help out with that if needed. I'm just not sure how to get a consensus on this without offending anyone.

Roy
Hi Roy its Jayne the one with the flag
Great idea it's been brought up before
You guys talk to Mike and find the spot you want and let me know and I will flag it this year I have 2 flags
We wont be there to early year but let me know where you pick
We always have gotten there 2 or more weeks earlier and there is always someone parked and you cant make them move
So iam good with a bigger spot and bigger fire pit maybe oval shape and 2 small fires
Text me if you could location or GPS
Thanks
crabmaster48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:55 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Jayne.
Mike, what say you? Is there enough interest in trying to find a bigger site this year?
thx
Roy
Old 09-08-2018, 02:23 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Jayne.
Mike, what say you? Is there enough interest in trying to find a bigger site this year?
thx
Roy
We can most certainly look for another site, but as always that will have to happen a few days before the gathering. I feel we should try to stay in that general area so not to cause confusion. The group rules.
Thanks

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:01 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Mike,
Totally agree. Everyone is used to coming to this area so it would certainly be best to stay close to minimize any confusion about where we are. Last year the ranger said there are a couple bigger areas just a little farther out the road from our area. I haven't been out there so don't know about that. Mike, you may know since you have been showing up for so long.
We are happy to help any way we can.
Roy
Old 09-10-2018, 02:03 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Newer RV'ers here, been lurking/reading for about a year and a half, sounds like these shows are the ticket for meeting like minded folks and learning something about these impressively complex machines we tool around in. Would love to attend for some/all of the show. Is there a sign up procedure? Or just show up? Is there electric or is everyone basically boondocking side by side here. Pets allowed?

If you all need help with anything such as reserving places or setting things up, we are only about 90 minutes away from Quartsite so the offer is there.

Is this like a 7 day RV show? Do the manufacturers show up? Would really love to find the show where Monaco has classes/demo's on RV related topics.

Anyway, thanks in advance and we really look forward to meeting some new people.

Thank you in advance
Brian
Oldcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #38

Quote:
Hey Mike,
Totally agree. Everyone is used to coming to this area so it would certainly be best to stay close to minimize any confusion about where we are. Last year the ranger said there are a couple bigger areas just a little farther out the road from our area. I haven't been out there so don't know about that. Mike, you may know since you have been showing up for so long.
We are happy to help any way we can.
Roy

We have to remember the road turns to dirt just past the dump station and will be dusty. Their is a larger area just west of our current location but would have to be secured early. Across the wash to the south is a big area where the Entegra group is might be big enough for both of us as they were pretty far away last year. Just my thoughts
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
The ranger also mentioned some areas beyond the dump station that he said are larger and flat and in his opinion, would be a good location for our group. But I have never been out there so don't know for sure. Thought I would scout a little using Google Earth but that won't be as good as seeing it in person.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:09 PM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
1st time

I am thinking of making the trip to Quartzite next year and also looking at the possibility of buying an 2008 HR 34PDD that has 54,000 miles on it, which I thought was pretty good for a DP that is 10 yrs old, does anyone have any info on this model, pros & cons.
Also any info on Q would also be helpful as I have heard quite a bit just not sure what it all is.
Dermec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:17 PM   #41

Q

Another Newbe here, my brother lives in Quartzite and sisterinlaw has a place at Salome I usually park at one of their spots, hoping maybe I could come out and meet y’all if that would be ok.
OutlawFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:49 AM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawFarmer View Post
Another Newbe here, my brother lives in Quartzite and sisterinlaw has a place at Salome I usually park at one of their spots, hoping maybe I could come out and meet y’all if that would be ok.
Please join us.[emoji4]

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite