Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #1

Question for Bob (aka Nodine)

Bob,

You and I have similar, or identical coaches: I own a 2006 HR Endeavor PDQ. For the past year I have noticed my coach tilt a bit to the driver's side (i.e. Road Side). Checking air pressure, nothing seems to indicate this is the problem. I am wondering if it could be the air bag ride height adjustment that is causing the problem. If that is the case, would you happen to have the correct ride height numbers for both the rear and front air bags?

If you want to email me directly, my email is guy_ethier@yahoo.ca

If the air bag is not the problem, then I am at a loss as to what the problem may be.

Thanks for your help.
Chef Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Guy View Post
Bob,

You and I have similar, or identical coaches: I own a 2006 HR Endeavor PDQ. For the past year I have noticed my coach tilt a bit to the driver's side (i.e. Road Side). Checking air pressure, nothing seems to indicate this is the problem. I am wondering if it could be the air bag ride height adjustment that is causing the problem. If that is the case, would you happen to have the correct ride height numbers for both the rear and front air bags?

If you want to email me directly, my email is guy_ethier@yahoo.ca

If the air bag is not the problem, then I am at a loss as to what the problem may be.

Thanks for your help.
Chef Guy,

I am quite sure I wrote that down somewhere but can't seem to find it. If someone else does not post the specs for you call Monaco Tech Support and they can give it to you.

I believe the rear has a separate ride height control for each side and the front has only one for both sides.

Sorry I was not much help,

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Chef Guy.....The front only has one ride height valve and the rear has two. The single valve up front keeps all four bags at the correct height. You could be low on one of the rears and causing some lean to the front. Check that the rears are even. If they are even and the front bags all measure the same, you may have some other issue or just an optical illusion.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #4

Don,

Will do as soon as it stops raining up here in fantasyland! (i.e. Surrey, BC, Canada)!

Thanks for jumping in.....
Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #5

Nodine and Don,

Just called Monaco Tech support and they gave me the correct (I assume) ride height measurements for the 2006 HR Endeavor.

CORRECT FRONT: 8 13/16"
CORRECT REAR: 9 1/16"

The owner's manual states 8 5/16 for the front and 8 13/16 for the rear.

Looks like it has stopped raining....time to get down and dirty!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Guy View Post
Nodine and Don,

Just called Monaco Tech support and they gave me the correct (I assume) ride height measurements for the 2006 HR Endeavor.

CORRECT FRONT: 8 13/16"
CORRECT REAR: 9 1/16"

The owner's manual states 8 5/16 for the front and 8 13/16 for the rear.

Looks like it has stopped raining....time to get down and dirty!
Chef Guy,

I am going to write this down again. Did Monaco Tech give any explanation as to why they recommended against what is in the owner manual?

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Chef Guy,

Did Monaco Tech give any explanation as to why they recommended against what is in the owner manual?

Bob

Bob,

Nope....I just figured, based on a lot of misinformation in these owner's manual that I have found, that this was just one more piece of wrong information....then again, who knows? Perhaps other owners of similar coaches can chime in and tell us what measurement they use.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Here is a file on adjusting the ride height and the information for a 2007 Endeavor 40SFT. Sorry this provides another set of numbers however. The only common thread is that the front appears to always be lower than the rear by anywhere from 7/8 in to 1/4 in on the RR8R chassis. I am skeptical about the 1/16 accuracy indicated by the specs because the surfaces you measure from don't allow that accuracy of measurement. I would think 1/8 inch would be the best one could achieve.

I think the most important things to achieve is the same height on both sides of the rear - as pointed out there are two values in the rear, and lower front by at least a 1/4 inch. Of course the beginning height should be between 8 and 9 inches, pick one from the various specs you have seen, and the lowest seems to be about 8 1/2 inch.

I will note that when we recently had our Camelot's ride height (RR10S chassis) checked by Wildwood service center, they had a heck of a time getting the spec from Monaco. They finally set it to 8 13/16 (3/4) all around and the coach rides and handles fine.

Attachment: RH_Adj.pdf.pdf

Lew