Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cb5300:
Here is the skinny on the fuse...Fuse #15 controls the front TV and controls the Levelers. Pulling the fuse will enable the TV to work while the ignition switch is in the on position, it also controls the levelers on the coach. When the fuse is pulled you are able to put down your levelers when the ignition switch is in the on position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>cb5300,

F15 is indeed the fuse that powers the TV ignition cut-off. But Brett doesn't have the part about the levelers quite right. The ignition switch must be on to activate the levelers whether or not F15 is in place, and you can activate the jacks with or without F15 installed.

However, there is an override in the leveling system such that when the levelers are down, and if you put the coach in gear or take off the emergency brake, the leveling system immediately comes on and the jacks begin to retract. BudtheDiplomat reported in this thread just a few messages up that when he pulled F15 this emergency function no longer worked in his coach. So there's more to the function of that circuit fed by F15 than Brett indicated to you. Just don't want to mislead folks here.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Re Monaco customer service reps (at least the ones you get on the phone).

Don't believe everything they tell you.

I have gotten about 75% wrong information on the items I have called about which is about the same percentage as the information in the owners manuals that were in the coach.

My coach is an 8 year old Beaver (Made when Safari owned Beaver) so some information loss is understandable, but "I don't know" is better than "this is the story on that" and it is all wrong.

Eventually I found a similar coach to mine in an RV park and the owner gave me the correct story on what I was currently working on. Both customer service techs and manuals were wrong. His was only a year older than mine (still Safari I think) but the engine compartment layout was way different. This might explain the problem since every unit was built according to the whims of the guy building it, apparently.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
My dealer showed me the fuse but made me pull it out LOL

2008 Monaco Cayman 38PBD
Up N Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:53 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
I cannot locate fuse that cutsoff TV while in motion on My 2008 Dynasty,
anyone know which one it tis??????
Sure would be nice to listen to WILLIES PLACE while on the road!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:43 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Anyone know which fuse it is on 2008 Dynasty, My fuses are not labeled as such, Need to listen to WILIIES PLACE!!!!