RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #1

Question(s) re: HR Endeavor

Considering buying a used 2007 HR Endeavor Coach 40 SFT.

In 2007 where did the Endeavor Coach fit into the Holiday Rambler lineup?

For the 2007 HR Endeavor, what areas or issues should I watch out for?

Thanks!

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2018 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Endeaver is a rebadged Monaco Diplomat, a heck of a nice coach, about midway up the DP lineup.
They share a lot with Knights of that vintage, but usually have a side radiator cummins ISL - 400hp, instead of the knight's rear rad ISC
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Considering buying a used 2007 HR Endeavor Coach 40 SFT.

In 2007 where did the Endeavor Coach fit into the Holiday Rambler lineup?

For the 2007 HR Endeavor, what areas or issues should I watch out for?

Thanks!

Roll
Here's a link to the 2007 Holiday Rambler brochure. There is a similar one for Monaco. As Jim said, the Endeavor is the sister to the Diplomat. Holiday Ramblers are a little more polished than Monaco's corresponding coach. That said, both the Diplomat and Endeavor are beautiful coaches. They are the top of the rear radiator, RR8R chassis line.

2007 Endeavor Brochure

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
don't many or most diplomats have a rear rad / 400 isl?
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We have a 2008 HR Endeavor and have been very happy with it. RR8R chassis (very nice), good engine (400 HP Cummins), Allison transmission. Solid base. We have a rear rad...not that I mind, but you asked.

Only issue we've had w/ 3 years fulltiming in the coach is the big living room slide. On our layout (40 PDQ) the fridge is in the slide and it's caused the slide to droop and catch. We've had it fixed, but I always worry about the weight on that side when I bring in the slide.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I'm pretty sure that all Dips/Endeavors had the rear radiators.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
We have a 2008 HR Endeavor and have been very happy with it. RR8R chassis (very nice), good engine (400 HP Cummins), Allison transmission. Solid base. We have a rear rad...not that I mind, but you asked.

Only issue we've had w/ 3 years fulltiming in the coach is the big living room slide. On our layout (40 PDQ) the fridge is in the slide and it's caused the slide to droop and catch. We've had it fixed, but I always worry about the weight on that side when I bring in the slide.

Paul/Nina
My slide has drooped from day 1, what did they do to yours to fix it? About 2 months ago I went to put out the slide, the slide went out about half way then the rear quit moving while the front continued, it turned out to be a sheared off shaft on the rear drive gear pack, the gear pack end broke at the bolt hole. Luckily, I was able to turn the gear pack around and use the shaft on the opposite end (I now have a spare gear pack). I originally thought I had a bent rear ram, the dealer tried to replace it but failed, it was worse than before I took it in, so I've been living with it.y

Thanks
Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Do some searching on this forum for posts on various issues with 2007 Diplomats and Endeavors. Nothing spectacular but there will be some issues one should ensure are either fixed or you know how to fix them.

We had a 2007 Endeavor (they have a rear radiator by the way) and sorted out several issues over the time we owned it. We enjoyed it, especially the full wall slide. If you weigh it you will find the rear axle is probably overloaded by about 800 lbs. I could not get ours below that weight and didn't see it causing any problems but you should be aware of the situation. There were a number of folks who had problems with the hydraulic system that powered the leveling system. Search the forum and you will see information about that and some nice ways to fix an issue with an unsupported tank.

Finally I strongly suggest you drive one for some time - if you can, do so in the wind and on a rough interstate highway. To each his own on ride opinion, but I felt ours was quite harsh - even after we made sure ride height was correct, installed Koni FSD shocks, and set tire pressure at the minimum amount to meet load requirements after weighing. It is a nice coach but we traded ours after it beat me to death on a cross country trip with constant heavy cross wind and really bad pavement. The larger unit we have now with tag axle rides better is more stable and much quieter, and it has a side radiator so I can get at the engine.

Nice coach but "caveat emptor".

Lew
Old 09-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisZ

Paul/Nina
My slide has drooped from day 1, what did they do to yours to fix it? About 2 months ago I went to put out the slide, the slide went out about half way then the rear quit moving while the front continued, it turned out to be a sheared off shaft on the rear drive gear pack, the gear pack end broke at the bolt hole. Luckily, I was able to turn the gear pack around and use the shaft on the opposite end (I now have a spare gear pack). I originally thought I had a bent rear ram, the dealer tried to replace it but failed, it was worse than before I took it in, so I've been living with it.y

Thanks
Dennis
Well it took several tries and 2 shops, but essentially what they did was raise the slide as high as possible on that end with the existing slide adjustments, add a shunt underneath (to raise it further) and then add an internal stop (top of slide) to prevent it going underneath the top of the rig and catching the outside wall. The guys who finally fixed it were Elite Repair and Remodel in Eugene, OR. Good team of guys.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks
Next time I get up there I'll look them up.
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote