RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #1

Questions with Safari Sahara! Just purchased

Hey guys I recently purchased a clean 36í safari Sahara pusher with the 300 cat. So far we love it. On the first trip we ran into a few hiccups.

We canít get the coach to work right off the campsite water hookup. We canít get any real pressure unless the pump is on. Weíve switched the valve on the manifold both ways. Weíve opened every faucet to let the air out aswell. Great pressure with the pump on however. But canít get any pressure with the pump off hooked to the camp spot.

Second issue slight power ďsurgingĒ when pulling uphill. Not towing but seems a bit low on power and surges a bit when thereís a decent incline. I plan on doing all the filters and fluids in the coming weeks.

Generator transfer switch wonít transfer over, but when itís running Iím only seeing around 86 volts at the contractor so guessing thereís an issue with the gen.

Thanks in advance for any help!

graphite9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2018, 08:42 PM   #2

On your city water inlet there's usually a washer with a screen in the middle. The screen can get full of stuff and lower your volume.

astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:50 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
If you have water filters make sure they are not the problem. Remove the filter from the canister and reattach the canister see if that makes a difference. That is another easy check.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:26 AM   #4

I can’t find any filters. I have one valve that is next to the fill that can either point up or sideways. If I point sideways I hear the pump turn on from outside and water stops flowing. Up, and it just fills the tank can’t seem to get the system to pressurize from the hose. I don’t see a water filter anywhere
Old 11-13-2018, 10:09 PM   #5

My Serengeti is in storage so I'm going from memory. The valve you are talking about is for filling your onboard water tank off the hose. Your pump should be turned off when filling the tank, then the valve switched the other way to direct the water into your regular plumbing, or getting water via the pump.

The inlet has a built in pressure regulator which can sometimes go bad, and this inlet is where the screened washer is. I check my screen every now and then because it's pretty small and get plugged easily. If yours doesn't have a screen you could have crud in the regulator. I had lousy city pressure in mine and I replaced the inlet unit which helped. Even then, my pressure isn't as good as it is with the pump. The regulator has a small opening which limits the flow. An inlet without the regulator is a different shape and I didn't feel like trying to make it fit.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrnmrtom View Post
My Serengeti is in storage so I'm going from memory. The valve you are talking about is for filling your onboard water tank off the hose. Your pump should be turned off when filling the tank, then the valve switched the other way to direct the water into your regular plumbing, or getting water via the pump.

The inlet has a built in pressure regulator which can sometimes go bad, and this inlet is where the screened washer is. I check my screen every now and then because it's pretty small and get plugged easily. If yours doesn't have a screen you could have crud in the regulator. I had lousy city pressure in mine and I replaced the inlet unit which helped. Even then, my pressure isn't as good as it is with the pump. The regulator has a small opening which limits the flow. An inlet without the regulator is a different shape and I didn't feel like trying to make it fit.
hmm. well it did have a regulator on it, but maybe it is problematic. I doubt it however, as i also had one off my other motorhome and both worked the same. its odd. I guess I dont see how you can get pressure without filling the tank. Maybe thats how these work. My last winnebago, it was a seperate inlet for pressure from a hose, and a different one to fill the tank.

When that valve is UP, i hear water flowing into the tank. when i turn it to the right, the pump starts running (even when the inside switch is off) and still no pressure. its odd

Tags
purchase