Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 AM   #281

Monaco Owners Club
Bonanza, Will take some photos and post for you in the next day or so. It was a simple mod, not as fancy as some have done. The tv sits in the corner over the driver. The cabinet was not cut back as the 32" would block the cabinet door on the right. Once in watching posiiton it looks great, traveling - well it's off center, which IF I was looking at it constantly would drive me crazy. Used an articulating/tilting arm, installed on the road side of cabinet. Television sits on the original lip with velcro straps for traveling, parked it can be pulled out and angled in any position for travelling.
GoldmyneGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2010, 02:34 PM   #282

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks GoldmyneGD, looking forward to seeing this mod.
Bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #283

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco Folding Chair Mod

Maybe its just me but I find the folding dining chairs that came with our 07 Diplomat heavy, hard to set up and fold back without pinching a finger, not to mention to me very uncomfortable. Every time we invite people over for dinner or cards I complain about those !~@#$%^! chairs. We were in Walmart one day and I saw some folding chairs for $35 each that were not bad looking fold up smaller and much more comfortable. I talked DW into buying a couple but she wanted to recover them to match the MH.

Well, just when I was figuring out where to have this done she said just take the bottoms of of the old chairs a put them on the new and your done. It worked! and now no more complaints from me much more comfortable lighter, easy to fold, and less room to store.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chair Mod 1.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	5441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chair Mod 3.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	5442  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Char Mod 2.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	5443  
Old 12-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #284

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Monarch SVE came with a center console with no drawer. I decided to take it out and build one. The bottom of the drawer is lined with a piece of leather leftover from an old briefcase. The handle, which matches the remaining ones in the motorhome, came from Lowes. The drawer front is a piece of Oak from Home Depot. Has worked perfectly this last year.

Dickiebob
Old 01-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #285

Monaco Owners Club
I am fairly new here but there have been many repairs and modifications that I have done to our Dynasty. It is a 2003 that we purchased used in Feb. 2007. The coach was not abused but definately not maintained as I felt is should have been.

Some of the repairs and/or mods are listed below.
* Removed 3M shield on the front and repainted. Looked like $hit when we purchased it.
* Removed all wheels and polished. I don't think they ever had any polish in the first 4 years of its life.
* Removed the factory exhaust system and tightened up the bend radius a little for some clearance and added a Dynomax muffler. You could actually see the heat traced in the factory muffler and it seemed pretty restrictive.
* Added a Fleetguard OCV kit on Cummins ISL.
* Removed, trued and reinstalled exhaust manifold along with new studs/gaskets.
* Replaced Concord power antenna with the new Winegard Sensar M1000W antenna.
* Fabricated an aluminum box which covers the air compressor for the HWH air leveling system. These are known to fail prematurely due to the environment that they live in. Ours is located right above the front axle where all the road spray seems to find it.
* Removed Aqua-Hot from bay to find leak. Resoldered pressure cap bung and a joint due to inadequate solder application at the factory.
* Removed refrigerator and added two fans in the top of refrigerator compartment with a switch located just inside exterior panel.
* Replaced the Monaco version of the heat registers with OEM Aqua-Hot Cozy III heat exchangers throughout coach.
* Removed the painted aluminum deflects under the streetside awning and replaced with 18 ga. polished stainless steel.
* Replaced the painted docking lights with the chrome versions.
* Installed chrome tips on generator, Aqua-Hot and engine exhausts.
* Replaced exhausts system on the Aqua-Hot due to damage.
* Installed Balance Masters tire/wheel balancers on steer, drive and tag axles.

General repairs and maintenance as well as changing coolant over to the Fleetguard Compleat ES Extended Life coolant in both the engine and generator. Major service on generator including adj. valves and replacing the belts on the squirrel cage.

During only the third trip out with our new to us coach (April 2007), we were camped in Williams, AZ and after a long day of sightseeing we returned to the campground to find someone who obviously was not very familiar with driving a large coach had backed into the right front of our rig. It destroyed the right mirror and the awning over the door as well as the grab handle, keyless entry pad, right front fender and some of the front that I had painted several weeks prior.

We returned home and I performed all the necessary repairs, replaced the door awning, grad handle, keyless pad and all the painting as well as replaced the left front mirror as well due to the chrome starting to peel off and I had to replace the right anyway.

I am sure there is much more and I just cannot remember. I will try to post some pictures of some of the mods when I get the coach out of storage in the next few weeks.

I would also like to add that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and looking at all of the work that members here have performed. I am glad to see that I am not the only one who enjoys working on their rig.

Here are a couple pics of our rig after many, many hours of repairs and polishing. I can see others are as proud of theirs as my wife and I are of ours. Mike.

zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #286

mama
may i ask that make and model of the tv set you used. i would like to copy your installation if you don't mind.
lmerril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #287

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmerril View Post
mama
may i ask that make and model of the tv set you used. i would like to copy your installation if you don't mind.
...and yes you may! It is a 32" Vizio that we got from Costco. We do know the same model that had the black frame at Walmart did NOT have the audio connections we needed for the dash DVD.

I will look tomorrow or Monday night for sure to check the model number and the dimensions of that particular model. (I recently came home from work and will be working until Monday night- otherwise I would let you know tomorrow.)

PS...welcome to the forum!
on edit...I think the TV model might be a VX32L -I willl check tomorrow

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #288

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Speaking of Vizio...
My Sony "gave it up" and I've purchased a Vizio E320VP from Walmart. This is LED "edge lighted" LCD technology, so the unit is light-in-weight and VERY thin (1"). I've not mounted it yet (give me a couple of weeks). The 32" TV (30.5" w) is about an inch less in width than conventional LCDs in the 32" class.

But my purchase was greatly influenced by the audio-out jack (which is a "headphone" jack) which means that the audio-out is variable. The drawback of this particular "audio out" not being standard RCA "line out" jacks is that when the mini-plug is plugged into the headphone jack, the Vizio's speakers are silenced. But this output into my 5-channel system is working and sounding OK. Acknowledged: the headphone-out jack does not produce the surround-sound (type) output signaling. Stereo is fine with me. PS: the Vizio's very small speakers produce poor quality sound themselves. Great picture though; Good over-the-air reception.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #289

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Added TriMark Key Pad to Dip

I added a lighted electronic key pad to the TriMark Keyless Entry System on my Diplomat. I also enabled the use of the "star button" on the key fob to toggle the porch light on and off. Both are very handy features

Click here for pictures and installation details.

Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #290

Monaco Owners Club
Robin,
I aways look forward and enjoy your posts and especially how you detail and document your work. Keep em commin!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #291

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi:

saw your blog on keyless entry and attachment on other items. I'm have a 04 Monaco Monarch and was wondering about replacement bulbs you installed, are 9005 and 9006 standard, I looked at Syvania web stie and it did not mention motorhomes.

Thanks

Bill
Old 03-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #292

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dean1 View Post
I have a 04 Monaco Monarch and was wondering about replacement bulbs you installed, are 9005 and 9006 standard, I looked at Syvania web stie and it did not mention motorhomes.
Bill,

The 9005/9006 headlamp bulbs are quite common in automotive use and happen to be the bulbs used on the 2007 Diplomat/Endeavor. You just need to look at the bulbs on your 04 Monarch and see what size they are. Then you should be able to find brighter replacements at an automotive parts outlet, or on the web. I found my Sylvania Ultra-Bright bulbs at Pep Boys.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #293

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Del,

Thanks for the "two thumbs up". I enjoy keeping up the Dip web site as much as modifying the motorhome.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #294

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks, on my way to Pep Boys.....