Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2007, 05:16 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by ronboc:
Kev said:
"... Added a combination lockbox in the engine compartment for those moments that I know will come ..."
Ok, y'all. First one that recognizes his rig gets a free motorhome!
I think if you can get in to it, Master Lock will send me a new MH

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #30

Quick On/Off Sun Screen

With the popularity of electric awnings comes a new problem of how to quickly attach and stow a sun shade screen. Manufacturers warn against attempting to roll up sun screens with the awning as they are too bulky. However, attaching and removing sun screens using the awning roller groove can be a tedious and frustrating job. This solution is designed to make the installation and storage of the screen much easier.

The solution starts with a short (3 inch) connector strip that slides into the awning roller groove and is small enough to stay in place when the awning is rolled up. The connector is made with grommets spaced every 12 inches. The large part of the screen is attached to the connector using bungee loops. The elastic end of each loop goes through the grommets in the connector and a "rip cord" (plastic coated rope) is inserted through each loop when installing the screen. The "rip cord" allows the screen to be instantly detached for storage or quickly removed in case of a sudden high wind. The screen along with the bungee loops can easily be rolled onto a PVC pipe as the "rip cord" is pulled to prevent creases in the screen during storage.

SAFETY NOTE: Be sure to turn off automatic wind sensor awnings when using any sun screen.

bthode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally posted by ronboc:
Probably one of the best ideas I've heard yet, bthode! I bet y'all feel a lot more safer now.

What brand is it, and what does it use as a retardant/extinguisher? (Looks like halon maybe?)

Thanks!
Ron
Ron-

Check out this site:

http://www.macthefireguy.com/Home-old.htm

I got mine from "Mac the fire guy" at a rally in Casa Grande, AZ. I saw the same guy at a Cat RV Club rally in Palm Desert, CA last winter... he knows his stuff.

Good luck,

Brad Thode
bthode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
˜Mama –
Now that's nice. Y'all did good. Ok, that's one more project back on the job-list.

Kev –
Let me know when you're ready to get another coach, I do have my portable welding outfit with me, and I'm sure I can convince ˜Bama to bring his favorite tool(s) too.

Bthode –
Interesting. Is that awning shade a commercial product, or your idea?
On a related note, I never did get used to the idea of cantilevering the big sail (I mean ˜awning') waaaay out there with no visible means of support. Not having the automatic-retract feature, I found some long extension poles (the kind painters use to reach high up a wall/ceiling) that I can put on the outboard ends of my awning arms (same kind as yours) when the awning is out. I can then use regular tie-downs (gently tensioned!) to hold the awning from flapping in moderate breezes. I still bring it in when I leave the coach or the breeze stops being moderate.

And thanks for the link on the fire-extinguisher. Definite peace-of-mind. Saw a 5th-wheel go off-road and turn over (EMS later said driver had diabetes and passed-out) in front of me a few years ago, and all I had was an itty-bitty standard one that came with the coach. Fortunately no fire but I kinda felt silly, probably wouldn't have put out much more than a cigarette.

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:44 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club

ronboc.. any way to put this in the top so it stays there?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #34
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Y'all got off to a slow start, but there are some great ideas posted here.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
All the work you have all done sounds way tooooo much like work! I retired to get away from work....frankly, and unfortunatly, I am not handy enough to do the majority of what was described. Guess I will just have to go with what came on my coach
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #36

I added a old computer tower next to the drivers seat that runs my VMSpc and GPS systems.
The touch screen monitor is mounted to an articulating arm that can be raised, lowered, or moved to the copilots seat. Also added a Yagi WIFI antenna to my Winegard TV antenna so it can be aimed inside the coach. Installed a PCI wireless card in the old computer so I can get the Internet on the touch screen monitor.
Fairgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:47 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club

Old 03-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
The above is Fairgrove's picture of his screen on the articulating arm. (There was a space between the end of the location and the [/IMG])

Fairgrove..Welcome to IRV2 and thanks for sharing your modification! What is your monitor and do you have it plugged in to the 110 up near the dash - or have you wired it differently?

Again..Welcome here - and BTW ...ask to become a member of the Monaco Owners... it's almost like magic... you ask... and someone waves a wand to make it happen!

Old 03-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #39

Yes it runs off 110 volts. I have a power strip mounted by the computer. I got the 15" touch screen monitor on ebay. I also got the arm on ebay cheap but the price is way up there now. I paid $29 for it but now they are around $100. How do you become a member of the Monaco Owners? Thank you for fixing the picture in my post.

Dan
Fairgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:22 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
FAIRGROVE has asked...
Quote:
How do you become a member of the Monaco Owners? Thank you for fixing the picture in my post.
Please may one of the magic wands reach out and touch his name to show him as a member??
(Ronboc... 007...any other mods... pretty please!!!)

Dan .. I have copied the above.. but where at the top of the Monaco forum.. there is a spot that says "Monaco Board" or something like that... well I posted a message from the above copy... but you may want to post behind me and just say "pretty please" and it will happen for sure !!

Old 03-24-2007, 06:04 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hows that.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:17 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
That new LCD TV can use a thin bungee cord across to top of it with two small brass hooks either side, it will keep it from moving out from mount. Did that for bedroom LCD I installed.
The cord can be removed when parked.
Nice job will have to think about it I have the same size TV.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote