Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2007, 02:49 AM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Yudaman -

Welcome to irv2 We're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them. Enjoy the forums and post often, and when you want to be a official member of the forum, let me know.

I love all the mods you made, something to definitely be proud of. Gonna give some of the rest of us a run for our money.

Oh, and love the 'name' yudaman too

Thanks!
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2007, 02:51 AM   #72

Monaco Owners Club
Rob & 'Mama -

Sending y'all a PM about the dwgs. Thanks!

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:20 AM   #73

Monaco Owners Club
Ron,

I would sure appreciate it if you could send me the info on the dwgs too. I have a HR Endeavor also (2007). Thanks!
Old 06-26-2007, 10:34 AM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
I finally got around to finishing the upgrade to my TVs - both front and rear. In the front, I wanted to utilize the maximum size that I could, as the stock LCD had side speakers and was only ~25". The rear TV was a CRT 19", and I am a firm disbeliever in CRTs anymore

Here is the stock front TV -

This is the finished upgrade - 32" with bottom speaker -

I had a buddy of mine make the outside frame and bottom piece. I mounted the TV on the same aluminum bracket that the stock TV was on, but added a steel backing plate that strengthened it up substantially. The outside frame has a foam padding all around to prevent squeaks. It fit very well, and is tighter than the stock one in there. I will be adding some map lights underneath when I find some cool ones.

Here is the stock rear TV. You can also see that I removed the stock picture frame on the wall and replaced it with a cool mirror we found at an art fair -

And the new LCD for the rear - 26" Viewsonic on a swivel arm -

More of an accessory than a mod, but added a flag pole holder to the ladder so I can fly my skull and bones

22' telescoping fiberglass pole and ladder holder from polesandholders.com

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:43 AM   #75

Monaco Owners Club
Kev -

I am so drooling over the TV-mods. Super job!

Ron

Old 07-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
I'll add my bit here.

I crawled under the coach and was surprised to see this. I was worried at first that I might have a leak!

I found the answer - Slobber Tube! This is where the oil was exiting.

There is a tube that runs from the Envirogard - here:

Excess oil and pressure force oil out this tube and can foul your rear radiator, the face of your towed vehicle and maks one heck of a mess underneath.

The tube ends right at the starter - here:

This was the answer...

I ran a new 1 1/2 inch oil resistant line from the "Brick" Enviroguard on top of the engine down to this:

The 1 1/2 inch line runs down to a JAZ - 1 Quart Breather Bottle.

The oil collects safely in here, and since it has a breather on top, there is no blockage of the line.

When "I" choose to empty it, I can do so into a cup or other container without it spraying all over the place.

I can't take credit for this modification. As far as I know, this gentleman Chris showed us the way.

Bottom line - the bottom of the coach is now oil free and clean!!!

Sold: 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' diesel Motor Coach
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #77

Monaco Owners Club
First mod I did.

I was not happy with the Magnadyne radio/CD/DVD player. It froze often.

I replaced it with a Pioneer AVIC D-3 navigation/radio/CD/DVD player and I-Pod controller.

I went from this:

to this:

I can run DVD up front on the screen for the passenger, or on the large screen TV behind

The Pioneer button lighting can be changed to exactly match the dash lights which are a yellow/orange.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 AM   #78

Monaco Owners Club
Gordon,

I really like the job you did in replacing the Magnadyne radio/CD/DVD with the pioneer. I too am very unhappy with the Magnadyn. It looks like you had to make the hole a little bigger. How much work was involved??? Is the Pioneer compatable with the existing surround sound speakers?
Old 07-16-2007, 08:52 AM   #79

Monaco Owners Club
The Magnadyne unit is what is called a din and a half. The Pioneer is double din. It required that the hole be enlarged just a bit less then a quarter of an inch.

The installation was pretty straight forward. Since the Magnadyne is pretty well marked (wire wise), and so is the Pioneer, it only took a couple of hours. I placed the antenna for the GPS in the overhead and strung the wire relay up the piller and placed the antenna on the steel frame in the overhead. I get an excellent signal.

It does use the existing surround sound speakers.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #80

Monaco Owners Club
Very nice job, Gordon. I had the AVIC N1 in my '01 Mustang and loved it. Great system.

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:14 PM   #81

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by ronboc:
Coach-reel:
Removing it from its base and turning it around was easy, mounting-holes worked either way. Problems arose when the pigtail was now about 2" too short (ain't that always the way?) to go back in the transfer-switch.
Ron,

Finally got my coach back from 4 weeks in the shop. I followed your lead and turned the power cord reel around today. Turned out fairly nice. Didn't need any extra pigtail, as I didn't cut it when I added the Progressive Industries EMS. Power cord now slides in and out without binding.

Click here for more details.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #82

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Robin -

Looks good. Glad the cord was long enough to work for you. I mounted my Progressive Surge Protector in exactly the same place, and wiring is also routed similar.

One question - how do you keep that area so clean? I've got dirt/leaves/etc in there, as well as a ton of extra accessories like pigtails/adapters/etc. I'm jealous.

Ron

Old 07-30-2007, 06:05 PM   #83

Monaco Owners Club
Ever have one of those once-in-a-million 'unique' brainstorm ideas, and then find out EVERYONE has already done it?

I built a computer-desk in the atrium of my PAQ, and since it slides in/out, is tough to run any cabling/wires from the coach-body to the atrium. I've been wanting to put a cellphone-antenna on the roof and run the cable to the desk, but was worried the dog would trip over it (me too!) if it came down thru the ceiling or frig-space and then along the floor over to the atrium/desk. I also looked into going in from the basement-area where the 120vac and phone-line comes in, but there was no way I could get the cable to smoothly extend and retract with the other cables, since it looked like they were installed first and then the coach built around it. I couldn't just mount it to the Atrium-sides because the sides move in/out, and couldn't mount it on the outside wall since the awning would hit it.

I finally came up with the brilliant idea of mounting the antenna to one of the awning-brackets of the atrium, and then drilling a small hole in the wall for the cable and have it come in right over the desk. Worked perfectly, and I was so proud of myself.

Tonite, however, we're parked next to another coach that, even though he doesn't have an atrium, had the exact same idea. Turns out he's a ham-radio operator and has various antennas mounted to the awning-arms of every one of the slide-outs.

I think I'm going to apply for a patent on the Mentos-candy-in-the-Coke trick. Who knows.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:05 AM   #84

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by ronboc:
I finally came up with the brilliant idea of mounting the antenna to one of the awning-brackets.. Worked perfectly, and I was so proud of myself.
Tonite, however, we're parked next to another coach that... had the exact same idea.
Great minds work in tandem.

Quote:
One question - how do you keep that area so clean? I've got dirt/leaves/etc in there, as well as a ton of extra accessories like pigtails/adapters/etc. I'm jealous.
Don't be jealous. The reason my power compartment is so clean is that I never get to use it. The coach is always in the shop getting fixed. (Those first-year bugs, you know.)
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote