Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Racor Fuel Filter/Water Separator

Our old Winn water separator is beginning to leak a little fuel. The line connections in the clear hose going from the bottom of the filter to the back of the housing are beginning to leak. I understand that parts are no longer available for this unit.

I'm considering moving to the Racor fuel filter/water separator. I see there are three models:
745R30 (rated for 45 GPH)
760R30 (rated for 60 GPH)
790R30 (rated for 90 GPH)

I have no idea which size I should get for the Cummins C8.3 mechanical engine.

Also, when I order I need to specify whether I want 30 micron or 10 micron filter.

I appreciate any thoughts and advice.
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2012, 01:34 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I recently replaced my old Winn filter due to fuel leak as well. The support group at Raycor suggested the 790R30. I found that model Raycor filter fit the mounting bolt holes perfectly. You will need to buy adapter fittings for the IN and OUT fuel lines. I could not find those fittings locally and eventually located them from a online distributor that sells Parker pipe supplies.
wheato22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
My original equipment was Racor. It uses a S3201T filter which is 10 Micron and 90 GPH. You will also need a bowl RK30051, and a water probe kit RK30964. it fits the 200/300/400/600 series filters. Here is a list of Parker filters. Parker filters are used on boats, too.
They are a bit hard to find reasonable, I used EBay and TDS Industries.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #4

You want a 30 micron primary and a 10 micron secondary filter. That is the standard. The difference between a 790R30 and a 760R30 flow is only in the size of the filter. The price difference is the cost of the different filter. Also a 790R30 lasts longer than a 60 filter. On my diesel a 790R30 recommended change interval was 10K miles but with the 120 filter it goes to 15K miles. Some advatages of the 700 series are that it has the Water-In-Fuel sensor that will hook directly into the Monaco plug plus it has a control panel for the built in primer pump. That primer pump makes it easy to change filters without having to pour fuel into the filters first and risk dirt contamination. I paid $260 for my 790R30 at the FMCA Perry GA but I think they have gone up a little. If you can't geta good price or can't find one then call Richard Gable at Turbo Diesel & Electric Systems, Inc here in Atlanta at cell 404.444.9510 or office 800.241-4389 and tell him you talked to him at the FMCA Rally a couple of years ago about it and see what his price and availability is now.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel