Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2020, 06:11 PM   #1

Radio Antenna replacement

2009 HR Vacationer. P.O. must have gone under too low of overhang and broke the dash radio antenna which is located on roof above drives seat. Has anyone replaced one on their unit. By removing the speaker I can feel where it comes into roof and follow the coax and find it in the "A" pillar by the windshield but I cannot pull it either way more than a couple inches and it is very hard. I don't believe I could fish another coax thru the space, just too tight. I am just about to give up and put one of the windshield mounted units on and abandon the roof coax and base. HELP!
gmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2020, 06:26 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Why can’t you get on the roof and just install a new antenna, using existing coax?

I haven’t replaced mine, but intend to. The OEM antenna is worthless. It can’t pick up stations in the middle of a large city.

I found this on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...S1SZBSYR&psc=1
Old 03-18-2020, 09:01 AM   #3

If you looked at pduggs link you can see the wire is separate and it screws onto
the antenna itself .
So you may be able to use your old wire by simply screwing it onto a new antenna .

However water can sometime get in the cable / wire and cause extremely poor
reception . If you had really bad reception before , you may need a new wire .
Try temporarily running a new wire through the window to the radio and see if
the reception improves over the old wire .

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:57 PM   #4

One of the problems is that I cannot get to the "underside of the antenna to feel if the coax will unscrew from the actual unit itself. I don't know if all unscrew at the base and Magnadyne was of know help. I suppose the only way to know is remove it from above and hope it does.
gmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:11 PM   #5

Wire isn't made when ant was.......
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, antenna, radio, replace, replacement