Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2014, 06:49 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Ramco Electric Mirror Falling Down

The right side electrically controlled Ramco mirror on our 2005 Endeaver constantly requires readjustment as we drive. Any significant bump, bad bridge joint, etc wll cause the mirror to move down. I move it back up with the electrical control panel but after a few more miles it requires adjustment again. Is there any way to tighten up the internal mechanism so the mirror will remain in adjustment?
Thanks for any help
Willie300s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2014, 06:54 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Interesting is the mirror still affixed solidly.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:55 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had same problem in 05 Cross Country with Ramco Mirrors. Passenger mirror eventually fell off hanging by wires. Fixed with Duct Tape temporarily. Contacted Ramco Customer Service. They sent aluminum bushing/sockets for the mirrors to replace original nylon/plastic ones. No charge and coach was way out of warranty. Easy to replace.
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:16 AM   #4

Bill, at the bottom of the mount where the mirror part is connected you will see a small "Chrome" plastic plug, pry it out and you will see an allen head screw that has become lose. Go ahead and tighten both sides.

George
Old 05-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Guys, my problem is not the mirror housing coming loose but the top glass (flat mirror) that is adjustable by remote control is not staying adjusted. It tilts down as I drive and constantly has to be readjusted with the remote control. The mirror glass is not loose but the mechanism that holds it apparently needs more friction to hold the adjustment.
Hope this makes sense.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Guys, my problem is not the mirror housing coming loose but the top glass (flat mirror) that is adjustable by remote control is not staying adjusted. It tilts down as I drive and constantly has to be readjusted with the remote control. The mirror glass is not loose but the mechanism that holds it apparently needs more friction to hold the adjustment.
Hope this makes sense.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #7

Bill, sorry I thought you where referring to the mirror housing itself. I will go out and take a look and see if I can see access to the glass its self. I think I have the mirror info in the rig and I will look at that to.

George
Old 06-03-2014, 05:00 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks George.
From what I've read on other threads the mirror is glued on. Probably can't remove it without breaking the glass. I wonder if there is a tension adjustment that is accessible without removing the glass.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #9

Bill, I had my paperwork in the rig, but all it just basic mounting/wiring instructions and the allen key I was talking about in my first post. (the instructions do not even say what the key is for) Ramco has a 800 number for technical support if you want I can send it to you, it is own my paperwork.

George