Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2015, 06:21 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
RCA again

Again Monaco and many other manufactures have elected to put RCA into their motor homes. This is the forth RV I have had that had the same units. All went bad after a few months. One was a TV that went out and RCA couldn't find a part to fix it. Now for the last year mine has started OK then a loud POP and it goes dead. Unplug and start again. After another few minutes it does the same thing. I need another unit and not a RCA. The model is RTD317W. Has anyone replaced theirs with a better unit? This has a DVD player and a amplifier with many speaker outs and HDMI.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2015, 09:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
Again Monaco and many other manufactures have elected to put RCA into their motor homes. This is the forth RV I have had that had the same units. All went bad after a few months. One was a TV that went out and RCA couldn't find a part to fix it. Now for the last year mine has started OK then a loud POP and it goes dead. Unplug and start again. After another few minutes it does the same thing. I need another unit and not a RCA. The model is RTD317W. Has anyone replaced theirs with a better unit? This has a DVD player and a amplifier with many speaker outs and HDMI.
Even with the TV model number, it would be helpful to get more details on you rid:
1. Year
2. Model
3. Length
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:21 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
I have a 2011 Knight 36'
Old 03-20-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I was involved in the electronics repair industry for 53 years before retiring in 2010. RCA was not considered by most in the field to be high quality equipment, whether TVs or other products. JMHO!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:47 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #6

As I recall the original RCA was not bad but they went away in 1986. The current owners sell whatever junk they can get rebranded. Audiovox is owned by the same people.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:19 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes. in the old days Radio Corporation of America (RCA) was a good company.. As was Zenith...I know what happened to Zenith (They are now part of Lousy Goods (LG)) but do not know what happened to RCA

There was,,Last I knew.. One new start up making TVs here in the USA...They were located in S.E. Michigan (Canton) ... But I do not know if they survived or if they have expanded their line. Here they are:

Element Electronics | Products
Old 03-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Yes. in the old days Radio Corporation of America (RCA) was a good company.. As was Zenith...I know what happened to Zenith (They are now part of Lousy Goods (LG)) but do not know what happened to RCA

There was,,Last I knew.. One new start up making TVs here in the USA...They were located in S.E. Michigan (Canton) ... But I do not know if they survived or if they have expanded their line. Here they are:

Element Electronics | Products

The first thing that caught my eye on their site was "assembled" in the USA, which means they probably buy all their parts from China and assemble them here. Not sure if that helps any! It IS a good thing that at least they are giving Americans jobs assembling them!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:25 PM   #9

Jayco Owners Club
Here is what I came up with.
Home Theater System with 1080p Up-Convert
SC-XH105 from Panasonic.