Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2023, 11:38 AM   #1

Rear Fender Wells

Once again, I am searching for information for my 2000 Monaco Dynasty on A Rroadmaster chassis. Tires are 295/75R/22.5. It appears that sometime this coach experienced a blowout and has cracked the left-hand rear fender well.

Looking for a source for the rear fender wells. They appeared to be a smooth poly fiber type material riveted on.
BCTC72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2023, 12:27 PM   #2

Would one of the new modern all purpose tapes do a suitable repair job? Or too damaged for that? I am thinking of Gorilla Tape.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 02:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTC72 View Post
Once again, I am searching for information for my 2000 Monaco Dynasty on A Rroadmaster chassis. Tires are 295/75R/22.5. It appears that sometime this coach experienced a blowout and has cracked the left-hand rear fender well.

Looking for a source for the rear fender wells. They appeared to be a smooth poly fiber type material riveted on.
Hello, without a picture it's hard to say what could be your best fix. If the backside of the fender is accessible then I personally would repair with fiberglass on the backside and go from their. Definitely would be a lot cheaper to do this than replace fender. Good luck
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 05:38 PM   #4

I think this should work HDPE is tough stuff
https://www.menards.com/main/buildin...os=8&exp=false
Heres a vid of HDPE the last panel appears to be 1/8" has about ight flex.
https://www.longviewsupply.com/produ...-plastic-sheet
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:08 AM   #5

On my 2004 Windsor I had a left rear blowout that destroyed the liner and put a hole in my radiator. I have been trying to source the plastic liner. I will check back here to see what solution you found.
mrbodywork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:47 PM   #6

Perhaps one is available from a junkyard?
HDPE plastic does not glue very well. I would get some HDPE sheets and attach pieces to cover the broken parts. Use stainless steel machine screws with large washers on both sides. Use lock nuts so they don't rattle lose.
Monaco_hwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:18 AM   #7

Rear Fender Well

For now, I'm just going to use some 2-inch mending strips that I got at the local Ace Hardware . I'm going to drill it out on each side of the crack them pop rivet thr mending straps on using one in the front and one on the backside together.

Hopefully this will work until I can find a new rear fender well or some substitute for it. I will post it if I find a good source for one.
BCTC72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 02:18 PM   #8

I felt my fender well material seems like 1/16" also available from Menards in HDPE. 1/16" 1/8 1/4 ect.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 06:03 PM   #9

Plastic repair

I recommend a slow set epoxy and fiber glass material. Clean with a acetone first. Seagoing epoxy is great
parkrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear