Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Rear Ladder -Endeavor

I have a 2004 HR Endeavor. I tried to fight a tree branch and the tree won. Crunched my ladder. Attempting to get a new one and Atwood sent the wrong one. My ladder is a six (6) step and 112" height to the top bend. They can not come up with a correct replacement. SO. If you have a six step ladder 112 inchs long for Endeavor or Dip could you check and see if the sticker with the part number is still legible. Sticker is usually on the under side of the first step. They sent me a 5 step for a 2000 Endeavor. Monaco Service has been called.
Thanks in advance...
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry my tag is worn off also and I can't find a # anywhere But, I read a parts list from the outfit that bought all of Monaco Coberg parts and I believe they had ladders Anyone else recall the name of that place? it was in Eugene or somewhere close
trouble&rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #3

I have a 2001 and it is 6 steps but my tag is gone also. You might try and call DeMartini in Grass Valley California and they may be able to tell who bought Monaco's parts.
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #4
rex

Monaco Owners Club
The six step upper ladder for the 04 Endeavor is Monaco part # 21600607 and vendor # MHL176. Don't know who the vendor really is. That is the same ladder used on my 01 Diplomat.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to deadeye916
If nothing else pans out try these guys...

Christianson Industries
27328 May Street
Edwardsburg, MI 49112
269-663-8502

The only entry in the Monaco parts pdf file for ladders.
deadeye916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
NorthWest RV Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouble&rose View Post
Sorry my tag is worn off also and I can't find a # anywhere But, I read a parts list from the outfit that bought all of Monaco Coberg parts and I believe they had ladders Anyone else recall the name of that place? it was in Eugene or somewhere close
That would be NorthWest RV Supply ...the prices are great and the folks there are also ...give them a call.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As I recall I uploaded photos of this mod to Welcome to The RV Forum but.. I'm not sure I could find them there.. I will decribe it here though

I'm over 300 pounds so the ladder Damon bolted on.. Not much hope of it holding me for long.. A few trips up the ladder and the mounts were pulling right off the motor home.

So I finished the job.. Took them off completly

Had a body shop owner bend some "J" hooks for me.. I wanted square bottom but frankly the true round bottom "J"'s he made me are better, He made them from aluminum "Diamond plate" about a quarter inch thick.. This is often used for the "Step Bumper" on pick up trucks and was left over from a job or two he did in the past.

I used both lag bolts into good solid wood and one Molly to bolt these just below the roof line.

Down near eye level (As I stand behind the rig) I bolted a stainless steel "Assist bar" (This is a shower/bath accessory and you find it in the plumbing section of Lowes or Home Depot.

I have a convertable "Extension/Step" ladder I integrated from my dad when he died. It is about 8-10 feet as a step ladder and about 14 or 16 as an extension ladder.Convertible Ladder,Convertible Type Ladder,Aluminum Convertible Ladder,Suppliers is somewhat like what I have.. It hangs in the J-Hooks, a bicycle lock on the shower bar makes it hard to swipe. And bunge cords keep it from ratteling about too much.

I can unlock and untie it and lift it off and use it to wash and was the SIDES of the rig, or extend it out and do roof maintenance.. And it supports my 300 pounds (Being rated at 250 pounds and capable of much greater weight) with no problems... I'm very happy with the ladder.

Mounted.. I can set the step stool below it and still climb up to the roof with no problem.. plus a properly slanted ladder (I spent 7 years using ladders full time) is way easier to get on and off of at the roof end.

Easier to climb too
Old 03-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
"Rex" was right on. The part numbers are for the correct ladder. Devon from Monaco called me this AM with the part numbers, they match. This ladder is from Atwood. Now we need to see if they are going to charge me again or credit and I return the wrong ladder? Some ladders for Monaco products are made by Christenson (sp).
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
As I recall I uploaded photos of this mod to Welcome to The RV Forum but.. I'm not sure I could find them there.. I will decribe it here though

I'm over 300 pounds so the ladder Damon bolted on.. Not much hope of it holding me for long.. A few trips up the ladder and the mounts were pulling right off the motor home.

So I finished the job.. Took them off completly

Had a body shop owner bend some "J" hooks for me.. I wanted square bottom but frankly the true round bottom "J"'s he made me are better, He made them from aluminum "Diamond plate" about a quarter inch thick.. This is often used for the "Step Bumper" on pick up trucks and was left over from a job or two he did in the past.

I used both lag bolts into good solid wood and one Molly to bolt these just below the roof line.

Down near eye level (As I stand behind the rig) I bolted a stainless steel "Assist bar" (This is a shower/bath accessory and you find it in the plumbing section of Lowes or Home Depot.

I have a convertable "Extension/Step" ladder I integrated from my dad when he died. It is about 8-10 feet as a step ladder and about 14 or 16 as an extension ladder.Convertible Ladder,Convertible Type Ladder,Aluminum Convertible Ladder,Suppliers is somewhat like what I have.. It hangs in the J-Hooks, a bicycle lock on the shower bar makes it hard to swipe. And bunge cords keep it from ratteling about too much.

I can unlock and untie it and lift it off and use it to wash and was the SIDES of the rig, or extend it out and do roof maintenance.. And it supports my 300 pounds (Being rated at 250 pounds and capable of much greater weight) with no problems... I'm very happy with the ladder.

Mounted.. I can set the step stool below it and still climb up to the roof with no problem.. plus a properly slanted ladder (I spent 7 years using ladders full time) is way easier to get on and off of at the roof end.

Easier to climb too
Could you post a picture of your set-up? (or PM me for e-mail address if we are straying from the thread too much) I am also a "svelt" individual and I refuse to use the ladder on the rear....
Old 03-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #10

Just had a new ladder put on our '00 HR Imperial back in Dec '09. Ordered it from the Monaco parts dept and had it put on by the service techs in Coburg, OR. Mine was the kind that has the forward bend at the bottom. It came out of Michigan somewhere. Cost was $175 for the ladder and about 1 labor. Was an exact replacement for the one that got squashed. They can still be had.
Snowman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote