Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #1

Rear view mirror convex mirror loose.

Good morning,
Noticed the passenger side mirror bottom side which is the convex portion is loose. I can't really see how its mounted inside the housing of the mirror to be able to fix it. On our motorhome its the lower portion as I mentioned which is not remote controllable.
Does anyone know the manufacturer of the mirrors or possibly have a link? Maybe there will be a breakdown diagram of the mirror.
Appreciate any help. Thanks, Keith
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #2

They are probably made my Velvac. The part number is usual stuck on the bottom of the mirror housing if you look up.

Velvac Recreational Vehicle Mirrors
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
And, they are stuck on with serious 3M two sided tape. Probably available at an automotive paint shop.
If you break it, it's $21-23 dollars + shipping from Velvac but tape comes with it
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #4

Okay, figured it out. Pried the mirror out a little and could see that it was just double sided tape holding it on just as H Miller said. Went up to Lowe's and got some 3M indoor/outdoor 2 sided tape, Cleaned the old tape off with some adhesive remover then alcohol, placed new tape on the mirror housing and peeled the other side and stuck the mirror back on.
Hope it holds as the mirror is quite expensive per Mike Canter.
Thanks to the two of you for the reply.
Wish all the motorhome fixes went that easy.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #5

You used the correct tape. 3m double sided and it should have had a red film you have to peel off. Never use the white foamy tape on the exterior. That same 3m tape is used for auto trim. I always have a roll in the moho. "Oops" is also a good product to remove old adhesive and loosens the tape you are replacing. Won't damage finishes. Off topic but try to keep your tape in a plastic bag. Keeps adhesive from drying out. This applies to all tape, especially masking.
RickGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Repaired my mirrors on the road (a couple of years back) by using Velcro. I always keep a length of this stuff on board. Velcro allowed me to reposition one of the mirrors that I didn't quite get "just right" when I pressed the mirror back in place. Which is to say: I got a "do-over" without breaking the mirror!
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 03:02 PM   #7

Help, please. I have a 2010 Thor/Four winds Serrano. The mirrors are attached with an arm from the top of the mirror to the body of the coach. I bumped the rain gutter on my house and pushed the passenger side mirror against the body of the coach. The bracket swivels so I was able to pull it away from the coach. The housing is okay, but the mirrors (both convex and flat) do not move, either manually or with the remote). They mirrors are turned so I see the side of my coach, not the lane next to it. I don't see anything to release it so i can reposition it. I do not see a name or number on the glass. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
rvcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote