Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2021, 10:06 PM   #1

Recently acquired an 03 Camelot... lots of issues 😞

Hello all, I've just recently bought my first RV and the more I get to looking over stuff the more I realize it's in quite a state of disrepair.

I could write a list that would rival Santa's but for now, I'll hit on a couple of questions. First off the slide toppers are all worn out. I'm going to get some canvas ordered here soon, just have a few questions. The A/C / heat pump runs well but the water it creates runs off the side of the roof and pools on the slide topper. From there it drips down and on to the slides. Is this water supposed to be draining somewhere else? Maybe the drain is plugged or something? Or does it just run off the roof one side or the other?

Assuming slide topper was replaced with new canvas, can I assume water would run off one end or the other vs forming a pool of water as it does now?

Any advice on where to buy new canvas? What kind is best?

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210509_101048.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	328023   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210509_100504.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	328024  

Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2021, 11:23 PM   #2

Good evening Necromancer; Most owners who replace their toppers get a hold of Stone Voss. They make quality products. A friend of mine who has an 05 Camelot and replaced all 4 toppers and is totally satisfied with them. On the condensation from the roof A/Cs, not sure an 03 has the drip cups to catch the water and run it through tubes in the roof to the front and rear of the coach. My 2000 Windsor had the drip cups and so does my 01 Windsor. Look at the rear of the A/C units for a small plastic white tray just above the roof line. Would be one on each side. Could not tell by your pictures and your year of coach might not have them. If not the water does just run off the side of the coach. Hope that answers your questions and congrats on the new purchase! Need to add some info. When in the heat pump mode water will drip from the A/C unit. The drip cups work when in the cooling mode to catch the condensation from the evaporator.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:48 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
You could also have a cracked drip tray I understand that is common.

I think some people will use fiberglass or other items to repair them.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:22 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Like others have already said, not sure if the 03 camelot had the drains. You can remove your air filter from your ceiling and look up. If you have the internal drain lines, you'll see some white or semi-clear tubing possibly with a "T" hose clamped in. If you're not sure, take a picture and post it here.

If you do have the drain lines, it's easy to use compressed air and blow them out. I do it at least one time per year so the condensate is not leaking onto the roof.

I'd also consider StoneVos. You'll need a commercial/heavy duty sewing machine. At least visit their website. www.stonevos.com
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:40 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
08 Camelot here. If you don't have the drip-cups as noted above, water will run off the roof and onto the toppers. Ideally, the toppers should be tight enough for the water to run right off them or pool just slightly, it but doesn't often seem to happen in the real-world - at least in mine . It'll then run off the topper channel and down.
You might also be able to see the two drains by looking under the right-rear corner and the left front corner of the fiberglas caps. As noted, should be clear or off-white tubing with a rubber flap or 'duckbill' on them.

I'd definitely check with the folks at StoneVos. Both for superb materials and for suggestions and support that's just as good!

We're all here to help, so start rolling out that 'Santa List'.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:01 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We have an 04 Camelot and it does not have the drain cups and drains the same was as the OP's RV. I have found you can position the RV and get them to drain another direction.

Slide toppers being worn out is not a huge deal. Much easier if replaced using two people. We replaced ours couple years ago and one is already worn out and torn. Gonna replace it later this year.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:59 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Call Stone Voss for slide top fabric. They use the best material and a special thread that does not deteriorate.
Our Exclusive Fabrics | STONE VOS - RV AWNINGS AND SLIDE TOPPERS
352-942-0224, M – F 9am to 5pm, EST
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 11:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Call Stone Voss for slide top fabric. They use the best material and a special thread that does not deteriorate.
Our Exclusive Fabrics | STONE VOS - RV AWNINGS AND SLIDE TOPPERS
352-942-0224, M – F 9am to 5pm, EST
Ours are on order from there. The 10 year *not* prorated warranty was a clincher, along with being suitable for snow loading in case we forget to bring in the slides or get unforecasted snow.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:03 PM   #9

Thanks for all the replies!

I'll contact Stone Voss on the fabric. Will I need to measure my slides or just provide model number of the RV and they will know?

As far as drain tubes above for the heat pump, should I see these when I'm inside, removing the cover and looking up or do I need to be on the roof removing the cover?
Old 05-12-2021, 12:31 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post

I'll contact Stone Voss on the fabric. Will I need to measure my slides or just provide model number of the RV and they will know?

As far as drain tubes above for the heat pump, should I see these when I'm inside, removing the cover and looking up or do I need to be on the roof removing the cover?
You will see the drain lines when you pull the cover down and remove the air filter. They will be up high in the compartment.

Tim
Old 05-12-2021, 02:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaz View Post
You will see the drain lines when you pull the cover down and remove the air filter. They will be up high in the compartment.

Tim
Thank you, sir!

I'll look for it as soon as it comes home. Having some paint work done now so at the shop.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post

You will need to provide measurements of the length of the slides and the awning tubes. Ingrid will tell you what you need to do. They are often away from the phone but if you leave a message they call back quickly.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2zon View Post
You will need to provide measurements of the length of the slides and the awning tubes. Ingrid will tell you what you need to do. They are often away from the phone but if you leave a message they call back quickly.
Was reading the "how to measure" part on there website. Have to wait till I get the coach back to take the measurements.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:56 PM   #14

Question for seasoned members, is it considered better forum etiquette to post various questions within a single thread, or better to post individual threads pertaining to individual questions?

For instance, this thread started with slide topper questions but I'd like to ask about replacement headlights, should I start a separate thread for that?

I'm worried that people won't see my new topic questions unless they happen to be following this topic. IDK. What say ye?