Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2018, 08:01 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamiDav View Post
Another salesman blowing smoke .

The leveling system is not even a
Monaco product it's the same system used on virtually all other brands of coaches , usually it's an HWH sys .
Any coach with air leveling is apt to
have the same pump noise when left
in the auto level setting .

Ray

That is confusing for me.
I have an 09 Camelot (10/08 build) with this air leveling system.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0711.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	610.0 KB
ID:	201447
Mine does not leak enough to matter over a 3 month period. I leave the aux compressor turned off
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2018, 08:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
That is confusing for me.
I have an 09 Camelot (10/08 build) with this air leveling system.
Attachment 201447
Mine does not leak enough to matter over a 3 month period. I leave the aux compressor turned off
Didn't mean to confuse . LOL
What is confusing ?

I believe the HWH and Valid sys are
essentially the same in operation .
Your coach is probably the exception staying level 3 months , that's very impressive .
I usually leave my pump off to , but
no way will it stay level very long .
Valid may be a better system , who knows .
Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:28 AM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
I guess I am a little confused. I am use to auto leveling jacks when parked at a site. Any Air bag leakage doesn't matter. They just refill (if needed) when when I start the engine and head out to the next location. Is this to say the Monaco's do not have or use auto leveling jacks? Thanks for clearing it up.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:49 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
Yes, I've heard towards the end Monaco was just throwing them together but the fit and finish of this one is excellent, especially for a 10 year old rig.
I still have no idea how that rumor got started. I hear it time and time again and it simply is not true. It is just a conclusion that people jump to.

Our is an '09 and I'll put the fit, finish and workmanship up against any other year Monaco. It is a rock solid coach. I've heard the same from every other '08-'09 owner I've talked to.
relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:12 PM   #19

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Back to the original question, we are very happy with our 06 Ambassador DFD which is a bath and a half rig with a full wall slide. It is about 41-42 ft long however...
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #20

First of all, I'm talking around 2007 and before. I am not very familiar with the specifics of the HR, Beaver and Safari lines, but at the upper third of at least a couple of those lines they used what they called an S-Series chassis. It is an excellent platform. In the Monaco line, that includes the Dynasty, the Executive and the Signature. I'm pretty sure it would include the Navigators and Patriots, at least. Don't know about the Safari. It is an awesome chassis.

Also, I believe that all of the chassis in those lines of coaches were built up from scratch by Monaco. They called them Roadmaster chasssis, but they truly were custom built by Monaco. Again, I can't speak for the mid and lower end groups, but this is surely true for their better coaches. I don't think you can go wrong with them, as long as what you find is mechanically sound, hopefully has good maintenance records, and is in very good condition, overall.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkatgifts View Post
I guess I am a little confused. I am use to auto leveling jacks when parked at a site. Any Air bag leakage doesn't matter. They just refill (if needed) when when I start the engine and head out to the next location. Is this to say the Monaco's do not have or use auto leveling jacks? Thanks for clearing it up.
Bob, It appears your discovery has
air ride with hydraulic jacks .
Some Monacos are equipped the same .
Of course it is more expensive to include both air leveling as well as jacks so most just have air leveling only
I imagine most Discovery have one or the other too .
I think it was really the customers choice when ordering the coach .
Old 05-04-2018, 03:44 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Unfortunately the "NEW" Monaco is not on the 8 & 10 airbag Roadmaster chassis that gave excellent handling so now only Prevost, Newell, and Foretravel use 10 airbags. Actually it is good as I am not tempted to buy a "New" one.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:54 AM   #23
YC1

It took a lot of add ons to my 08 Endeavor for it to handle like a go kart. Well not quite but I wish the TRW had been fitted from the factory. It is a mod that really should be considered if there is not one on there. It really tames the wandering.
Fit and finish of my 08 has been beautiful. They did seem to use a lot of extra long screws in everything. Maybe they had extra stock that needed to be used at the end.

Mine does have the DPF and it failed early on. I think if one would keep up with the flash upgrades it would be less of a problem. They did have some growing pains. This was a Cummins issue and not a coach issue.

The rear radiator has not been any issue for me. The thermostat I changed early on was not that difficult nor was the serpintine belt I replaced last year as a pm.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:00 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
I do not remember which 09 model Monaco I saw with an 06 engine but it gave me hope I could find a 08 Sig or Navigator with a 06 engine...and a TRW steering box. Easy enough to tell if a rig has a 06 engine… Look at the exhaust and if there's a muffler looking thing with wires coming out of it, it's not a 06 engine. A TRW box has an adjusting screw on the side...a Sheaperd does not.
My new ride, a 08 navigator has a 06 engine and TRW plus it gets me into our Snowbird Park with a dumb 10 year rule...once in you are grandfathered and the 10 year rule does not apply.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:39 AM   #25

You need to check this out .It dont get much better
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...5CAQ-122892184
jimE
06 exe w/air and jacks
bigjim8499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ray - Can you pls. send the email for the folks that have the Executive that may be for sale.
Thanks, Steve Nowak
FMCA # F26083
fluffyms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:32 PM   #27

if air bag compressors are coming on then there is a air leak, mine adjust about every two days.
stuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:46 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyms View Post
Ray - Can you pls. send the email for the folks that have the Executive that may be for sale.
Thanks, Steve Nowak
Hi Steve
Sorry I haven't been by this thread lately.
I don't have his email handy right now
but it's the same coach as in the post
above .

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...5CAQ-122892184

You can contact him there .
I don't believe you will be disappointed .
Good luck

Ray

Tags
monaco