Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2016, 11:21 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Reefer

Sent the following to an individual this morning and haven't heard back. Since most of us are not spring chickens, I may never hear back. Hope I do, but thought I'd open it up on a thread. My 14 year old reefer has me worried:

I read one of your answers to a post from 10 years ago about a Norcold flashing an "NO AC" code then transferring to propane and the reefer running ok even though it was hooked up to shore power. Sounded very much like you knew what you were talking about.
I had our 2002 Monaco Dip in the shop for the last 2 days and went to pick it up yesterday. It was there for reasons other than the Norcold. It was hooked up to shore power when I got there and was nice and cool inside which I appreciated.
Took the MH less than a mile to storage. Positioned the coach to back in and moved my car I had put in my space b4 I went to the service provider.
Got back in the coach and heard (my ears are about the only thing still working good) a beeping. Turned out to be the reefer flashing a NO AC code. I hooked up to SP and all was good.
What are reasons why it didn't go to propane during the short trip from SP to storage? The propane tank is full minus what was used durning our last 15 hours (on the road) trip. I did not check my gauge to make sure there was plenty of propane, but will this morning. I live about 3 miles from storage.
What else should I check? Please make it simple, I have the mechanical skills of a slow teenager. Oh, I should say this is the first problem with the reefer, we've owned the coach two months, and it's our first venture into the RV world.

The propane tank shows full on checking it awhile ago.

Thanks for the help, Mike
Txice is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 11:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txice View Post
Sent the following to an individual this morning and haven't heard back. Since most of us are not spring chickens, I may never hear back. Hope I do, but thought I'd open it up on a thread. My 14 year old reefer has me worried
Txice
What is the make and model of the refrigerator in question?
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:22 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Txice,

I wonder what work the shop did? If they worked on any propane item (stove, furnace, etc), they may have turned off the propane and bled the propane line.

You said you were going to be sure the propane is turned on at the tank, but try this as well

Turn on the cook top and bled the line to get the propane up closer to the frig. Then try the frig on propane again (either propane only or leave it in auto and unplug shower power). Sometimes it takes a while for the propane to get to the frig.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:57 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Reefer

Turn on the cook top and bled the line to get the propane up closer to the frig. Then try the frig on propane again (either propane only or leave it in auto and unplug shower power). Sometimes it takes a while for the propane to get to the frig

I had to do the same thing to mine this year when I took it out of storage on our first trip. It took about 4 or 5 tries before it finally lit off after I figured out it would probably help to bleed the system with the cooktop.

jt
2005 Newmar Kountry Star gas 3742, Workhorse 8.1L w/Allison 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #5

Your fridge probably has a setting for auto, ac, or propane. Someone probably moved it from auto to ac so it would not switch over to propane when ac was removed. Hence the NO AC warning.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:12 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks

Thanks to all for the help. Chad, I bet that's what happened. I'll check it out in the morning. Darn it's hot!
Txice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:51 AM   #7

Nor old 1200

If it's a nor cold 1200 mine did the same. 2002 diplomat , mine was the mother board behind the fridge. Easy to get to. Got mine on eBay 185.00 or the ground fault breaker
Chavau is offline   Reply With Quote