Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #1

Refrigerator Water Leak Help

2005 HR Endeavor, 4slide, 400 cums. Just searched ten pages looking for a like problem, not finding anything, heres my issues. Water leak comming from under the regreg on to the compartment floor to the rug next to the
refer. Water appears to be weaping from the space between to the refreg and wall. This is second time, the first seemed to clear itself. Not!!!! Here we are in Aug, and again the water leak. I suspect its the tubing from the Ice
maker to the shutoff valve. Have tried the following: Ran on coachwater/pumb only. Leak cleared up. Turned on the city water for 6-8 hrs and leak reappeared. My next test will be to turn off the Icemaker, go back to city water and await the rusults. If this fails, anyone who finds holes in
my logic or process please respond. I will post after next
test. This should be this PM. I am currently in Md at Andrews AFB. Thank you all.

Endeavor 40" PDQ
Gypsies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The water supply to the ice maker is common to both except for the possibility of the leak only being above a certain pressure. Is the shore pressure lower than the coach pressure?

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #3

Refrigerator Water Leak

Dave,

Thanks for the questions. Iam not sure I understand shore pressure VS coach pressure. Please explain?

Endeavor 40" PDQ
Gypsies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The coach pressure is derived from your on-board water pump, No connection to an outside source. The shore pressure is if you are connected to water, and its pressure, from outside the coach. There seems to be a variable stated in your initial description. The ice-maker does not have 2 sources of water, just one.

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Gypsies2....You might want to check the black drain tube at the rear of the refrigerator (remove outside vented door) and make sure it's not clogged.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:22 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The black drain tube in back has a little plastic plug with two tiny holes in it for the water to drip out of. Those tiny holes grow alge and plug up and water runs out inside the fridge and out the door, etc. I pulled the plug out and threw it away. No problems since then.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:01 AM   #7
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
If the water problem is only on shore power, the water pressure may be too high for a fitting. Go to a Lowes/Home Depot and get a water pressure gauge/adjustor. I'm having a senior moment and can't remember the brand that I've installed. But I'm sure some one on this forum has it at the tip of their fingers.

Install this pressure gauge/adjustor on your city water input. I've adjusted mine to 45 pounds on the gauge.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #8

I had a similar leak and took the outside cover off and discovered a loose fitting at the valve to the icemaker. It was filling up the tray and then running into the motor home. I hope yours is that simple. I was surprised that this tray vented to the outside would spill over into the inside of the motor home.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Good Morning,
I have a 2004 Endeavor PDQ. Water was slowly coming out from under fridge also. Drove me nuts... On water pump NO leak. On outside water (hose) small leak. Water pump has less water pressure then most parks and CG's.
Problem solved: Pin hole leak in ice maker line. Replace cheap plastic line with a good flex water line from Lowe's.
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #10

Same type of leak on our 2006 Endeavor PST. wet under the fridge. Got it fixed at the old Diamond Hill service center along with several other things, since the fridge had to come part way out to get at the ice maker water feed line. The line was leaking at the fitting to the ice maker.

The tech said he was going to guess we didn't use a water pressure regulator. We had been, but as it did as all those cheap ones do, stopped working, we had also stopped using one. Turned out it would have been a good deal cheaper to keep buying them.

Am still using the cheap brass hose end regulators, but have it my plans to get one of the adjustable ones, the problem being that space in my wet bay is at a real premium, and so I haven't figured out where to put it ( and the filter I would install with it.)

The place where we were staying when we noticed the problem had extremely high water pressure, so it was one of those I should have known better deals.

I've also had the little plug on the end of the plastic drain tube that found in the outside access compartment where the burners, etc are, clog up, but after reading about its purpose, have kept it in place and simply used a pin to unplug it. In that instance, there was water standing in the tray in the back of the refrigerator itself.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #11
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'd like to offer one more place to look, especially if it has been raining lately and blowing on that side.

The refrigerator vent panel is held in place by a small frame screwed into the wall. What I observed and fixed on another RV product was: Remove the vent cover. Look to see if there are screws into the frame on the top of the vent. If screws are going in sideways I don't think this applies. With screws on top of the vent there is a possibility of water flowing around the inside edge of the frame and seeping through the screw holes, even with screws attached. Remove the screws and see if there is any evidence of rust. If there was any water leaking, there should be signs of surface rust. Since you have the screws out, and there is evidence of rust, check all the caulking around the inside of the frame, especially on the bottom portion where water can build up. If there is no caulking, or if it is very loose or dried and cracked, go to Lowe's or any hardware store and by a lenght of 1/2 inch aluminum angle iron. Cut the angle iron to the lengh of the bottom of the frame. Slip it behind the bottom of the frame on the inside. Place silicone on the screws and reattach them. Using silicon, but a bead along the length of the angle iron and at the end where there is a gap, build a little dam of silicon. Now when it rains, the water coming around the edge will be forced out by the angle iron and dam of silicon. It fixed my wet carpert under the fridge.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Gypsies2.....If it is the water line, there have been a couple of posts on RV.net on how to repair it without completely removing the refer. If the refer is in a slide and has double vents on the back, it can be repaired/replaced without removing the refer. If not, you make a platform the height of the refer (inside) remove the hold down screws inside and two large outside and then slide the refer forward and onto your platform, while turning it and leaving the side opposite the water line still resting on the coach framework and the rest on your platform, revealing the water line side. They say the water line kit that is available at Home depot or Lowes for refers is the kit to use.

Side Note: BaldOldBob......Here is a picture of how I attached a permanent regulator to my coach using very little space http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9197
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:55 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
If the water problem is only on shore power, the water pressure may be too high for a fitting. Go to a Lowes/Home Depot and get a water pressure gauge/adjustor. I'm having a senior moment and can't remember the brand that I've installed. But I'm sure some one on this forum has it at the tip of their fingers.

Install this pressure gauge/adjustor on your city water input. I've adjusted mine to 45 pounds on the gauge.
This is what we use:
http://www.watts.com/pro/_productsFu...&pid=771&ref=2

You could also use this:
http://www.watts.com/pro/_productsFu...&pid=775&ref=2

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Dripping Ice Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeGone2 View Post
Good Morning,
I have a 2004 Endeavor PDQ. Water was slowly coming out from under fridge also. Drove me nuts... On water pump NO leak. On outside water (hose) small leak. Water pump has less water pressure then most parks and CG's.
Problem solved: Pin hole leak in ice maker line. Replace cheap plastic line with a good flex water line from Lowe's.
I looked at your rig info. You have a PDQ just like mine. You DO NOT need to remove fridge to replace water line. Go to the outside fridge cover plate. Carefully remove cover. Turn locks break easily. You will see the water line on the right side coming up from the bottom. The hole that passes thru the plywood is heavily caulked. Remove this caulk. Go inside and with phillips head screwdriver remove the wooden vent below fridge. As you face fridge you see the water line on the left. There is a shutoff valve . Close this. Diconnect water line. The water line is supported by two or three plastic supports. Remove these. Back outside you can now pull the line out. It is only about 3 feet long. Jump in the toad and hit Lowe's or H.D. and get a GOOD replacement line. Mine cost less than 4 bucks. Go back to rig, have a beer, and then reverse the process above.
Actual work time under an hour. Of course depends on how fast you suck down the beer.
Needed Tools...: 1 adjustable wrench, 1 medium size phillips head screw driver and 1 Significant Other to positively reinforce the decision process of how you are doing.
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote