Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First: I doubt that the different pressure of city water is causing the problem but... Most motor homes are designed for 45-50 PSI top pressure, the pipes can easily take 100-150 but some of the valves and such can start leaking way sooner (Say sixty PSI) and there are other issues as well. For this reason a WATTS or equal in-line regulator is indicated (Forget those RV-Pressure regulators, though the "high flow" models (The ones with the color grip ring on the female side) may pass enough water, most do not. The Watts (I recommend a 3/4" unit cause it's easier to adapt to garden hose, but a 1/2 inch should do it) set to 50PSI is a good choice.

Now: If your fridge is a DOMETIC there is a black hose in the back, My dealer left this hose inside the outside compartment, INstructions say to run it out a vent hole so it drips on the ground, NOT inside the cabinet and on the control board where the idiot technician at my dealer left it... TWICE!!!!! (I chewed anatomy the 2nd time0

Norcold uses a different method of disposing of the water and since I dont' have one I'll let others speak

And finally.. Vibration from driving may have loosened something

One thing that different water pressures can do....

The ice make refills for a set period of time.

At 45PSI, you open the valve for say 3 seconds (Or whatever time is used) and the ice cube tray fills with water

At 60 PSI. you open the valve for 3 seconds.. IT OVERFLOWS

So again, controling pressure is important.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
WA8YXM: Thank you. That was good INFO. I could never figure out why sometimes the ice tray would overflow.

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #17

this reply took soooo long. My last test confirmed all or most of everyone who responed. Many thanks to each. It was a pressure problem. I have since place a regulator on the city water source. Wala! Leak problem solve. I am still trying to wrap my head arround the coach vs city water psi.. Will continue to read more on that. We have since moved from Md to NJ. After setting up and applying the regualator all past the test. We are very greatful for everyones much needed help and added suggestion to fix our problem. I am convinced that experience with these issues far exceeds trying to resolve it by yourself. Now I will be able to pass along my experience to someone in need. Again, we thank you all. Safe travels, and the wind at your back. Last question? Is the water pump pressure stated anywhere in writing or on something?

Endeavor 40" PDQ
Gypsies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #18

Sorry I missed your info on my prolbem. That explains it very well. Thnank you. Do you know what the water pump pressure is stated to? This maybe a mute point, but would like to have it. Thanks again.

Endeavor 40" PDQ
Old 08-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #19

this reply took soooo long. My last test confirmed all or most of everyone who responed. Many thanks to each. It was a pressure problem. I have since place a regulator on the city water source. Wala! Leak problem solve. I am still trying to wrap my head arround the coach vs city water psi.. Will continue to read more on that. We have since moved from Md to NJ. After setting up and applying the regualator all past the test. We are very greatful for everyones much needed help and added suggestion to fix our problem. I am convinced that experience with these issues far exceeds trying to resolve it by yourself. Now I will be able to pass along my experience to someone in need. Again, we thank you all. Safe travels, and the wind at your back. Last question? Is the water pump pressure stated anywhere in writing or on something?

Endeavor 40" PDQ
Old 08-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #20

I picked up a good Watts water pressure regulator at Lowe's last week for @28.00 and the brass hose fitting were another 12.00 or so. Not all Lowe's have them, but some do, so store shop a little and you will find one.
I can hook it directly to the hydrant and then hook my hose to it, thus protecting the hose and the rig. If I can't hook directly to the hydrant, then I use a 10 ft hose between the hydrant and regulator.
After having used it, I really like the additional water flow and the fact that the water flow is so even. Far better than those little brass or plastic cheapo's that I was using before. They restrict more than they regulate.
Glad I did it, and wish I had done it sooner.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #21

Great tip. Thank you I will start looking first chance. Thanks again for the tip

Endeavor 40" PDQ
Old 08-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeGone2 View Post
Actual work time under an hour. Of course depends on how fast you suck down the beer.
Needed Tools...: 1 Significant Other to positively reinforce the decision process of how you are doing.
WeBe, were do you find one of those 'significant others' that do positive reinforcement? I must have gotten my last two from China or somethin', they only gave negative....
Old 08-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
I found her in a bar in the Fl. Keys seven years ago.. One must import women down here. I have found this one to be a keeper. I think she feels the same. If not you will find me on the Solo network.
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote