Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2017, 12:06 PM   #1

Removing convection oven from 2001 HR Ambassador slideout Galley

Hello everyone.

We have a 2001 Holiday Rambler Ambassador that the Convection Microwave has quit working. We want to remove it and take it to be repaired, hopefully.
It is mounted in the slideout galley. We read in the manual a discussion about removing the screws from the top of the unit, but not certain how to get access to the top as it is the ceiling of the slideout .

Can someone help us figure out the removal process?

The unit is a Sharp model no. R-1855a. If we have to replace it, can you give us some recommendations on a unit to replace this convection microwave as we are very happy with it.

Thanks.

Myabytude
Myabytude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2017, 01:31 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The trim piece over the microwave must be removed to access the top screws. Then there are 2 long bolts that go in at a 45 degree angle from the bottom of the unit to the wall mount. Yo need to replace with the same unit because it is the only one with an offset door that will work. I think the replacement is an 1875. These are nice units, but unfortunately are only 750 watts.
monacojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:41 PM   #3

Also, remove the grease filter screens and look upward for screws that go into the side cabinets from there.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:17 PM   #4

The wood trim along the top face of the slideout does not have any visible screws. Is that the trim you are talking about? I know where the long screws at 45 degree angle on the bottom of the unit are, but am having a devil of a time locating the top mount screws.

Thanks for your help and bear with me.

Yes we would put back the newer Sharp model if we have to replace. We hope it is repairable without too much cost.

Myabytude
Myabytude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:24 PM   #5

You may not have any screws from the top, ours did not. It did have a couple on the side. Take a thin piece of cardboard and slide it around the perimeter to check for hidden screws. Once you remove the large angle screws from the bottom it will tilt forward away from the wall. The rear rests on a lip on the wall bracket. Lift up and remove. Caution it is heavy and awkward !
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myabytude View Post
The wood trim along the top face of the slideout does not have any visible screws. Is that the trim you are talking about? I know where the long screws at 45 degree angle on the bottom of the unit are, but am having a devil of a time locating the top mount screws.

Thanks for your help and bear with me.

Yes we would put back the newer Sharp model if we have to replace. We hope it is repairable without too much cost.

Myabytude
The trim piece above the unit will pop out with a thin screwdriver as mine was pressure fit. The new unit did not have a provision for screws through the top, just the two long diagonal bolts. No issues in 2 years just using the two.
monacojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #7

Hi guys,
I am at it again.

My Advantium 120 convection/microwave went out. We were able to change the ceramic fuse on the right side (looking at the oven) but that was ok. They told us then it must be the thermal cutout.

The rig is in the shop. There is the very long upper trim piece that runs the length of the coach and then once that is removed, there appears to be a second trim piece right over the oven itself.

How do I get the real long piece off? The shop says it will take 3 hours to get the oven out.

Also if the oven repair is way too expensive, Can I get any oven to put in there? Were these ovens made especially for coaches?

thanks guys
I wish I could broil though....
Old 05-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
We had to take the convection oven out of our coach - I thought. I checked on the internet for the model and there was the installation instructions. By taking off some of the front of the micro/oven all of the installation points were available.

As it turns out there were also instructions so I could fix the interlock problem. I was able to fix the problem in place.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:23 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
The convection microwave in our 01 Ambassador had 2 very long bolts going through the unit to a bracket on the wall behind the microwave. We had to remove the plastic top vent grill/trim running the full length of the top of the microwave. This just snapped into place. Behind it, there were 2 large screws than held the unit to the wall bracket. Support it from underneath before removing, don't ask me why I remind you to do that please. Ours was not repairable so we did replace it with a different brand. Had to replace the wall bracket also, but was not a difficult job. Hope yours may be similar to this. Hope this might help a little, Happy Trails Bert

Tags
slide, slideout