Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2017, 10:58 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Removing washer in 08 Camelot 40 PDQ?

I'm chasing a leak coming from either behind the wash-machine or from outside (slide-seal, etc, maybe) , but i can't get the washer out.

How in blazes do you get that washer out of its closet? I do see the feet but no way to get to them, and something is bolting it down good. I don't see or feel any straps/brackets or anything either, and there doesn't look like I can remove the trim panel below the unit without destroying it.

Ideas?
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2017, 11:10 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
I'm chasing a leak coming from either behind the wash-machine or from outside (slide-seal, etc, maybe) , but i can't get the washer out.

How in blazes do you get that washer out of its closet? I do see the feet but no way to get to them, and something is bolting it down good. I don't see or feel any straps/brackets or anything either, and there doesn't look like I can remove the trim panel below the unit without destroying it.

Ideas?

Most of the Monaco installations I have seen, there is no holddown. Splendide makes brackets that slip over the feet but if you can see the feet you would see the brackets. The combo unit is pretty heavy with lots of sprung counter weight inside the case. May just need good old brute force.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:06 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Sometimes the simple stuff...

I'd forgot that I had to make brackets for the washer/dryer in our Endeavor, it would jump around in the cabinet like nobody's business. Never dawned on me that this new one might not be 'tied-down'.

Gave it a good shove just now, and it did move.

Thanks Steve!!
Old 11-24-2017, 04:28 PM   #4

Quote:

Ideas?

Rusty, it’s just heavy, brute strength my friend. Question: when you run the kitchen sink, does water computer the slide outside near bottom? If so, check all your drain couplers, this happen past summer, all mine were loose. Now every 6 months or so I check, kitchen, bathrooms, under shower pan ( metal trap door on floor pan). No more leaks.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:58 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Good thing to check, Boomer. Thanks!

I'm sure it must have 'regular' hoses in the back that allow the washer to pull out, yes? I can see some red & blue PEX lines in the back but that's all. Can't tell where they lead.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:28 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
check all your drain couplers, this happen past summer, all mine were loose. Now every 6 months or so I check, kitchen, bathrooms, under shower pan ( metal trap door on floor pan). No more leaks.
Perry, I was doing the same on my kitchen sink drains, and after about the fourth re-tighten, I took it apart and found they had cut one pipe too short. It was only 1/8" or so into the coupler. Open and close the slide a few times and it was falling out.
Lengthened the pipe 1/2" and I've had no issues since. I've read others here have had the same problem.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Perry, I was doing the same on my kitchen sink drains, and after about the fourth re-tighten, I took it apart and found they had cut one pipe too short. It was only 1/8" or so into the coupler. Open and close the slide a few times and it was falling out.

Lengthened the pipe 1/2" and I've had no issues since. I've read others here have had the same problem.

Mine was positioning of the pipes, better routing etc. I did have a short pipe on the left drain of kitchen, replaced with new one.
Assembly line always fast I guess.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:53 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Removing washer in 08 Camelot 40 PDQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Lol. I had the same exact issue and resolved the same way!
Our washer is just sitting there. Hoses had to be disconnected with it partially out.
If your coach is at all like our Beaver, there is a floor to ceiling mirror on the adjacent wall. Behind the mirror was the access to the water shut off valves. If you can see in there to spot your leak?
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:16 PM   #9

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Mine was positioning of the pipes, better routing etc. I did have a short pipe on the left drain of kitchen, replaced with new one.
Assembly line always fast I guess.
Since a number of us have had the same problem, I'm guessing the spec for that drain pipe was a certain length, and a whole batch of them were made too short.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
"...and a whole batch of them were made too short."

My life's story in 10 words.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
You some kind of clairvoyant there, Boomer? Just for grins, while I was crawling around on the floor (the dog loves having an eye-to-eye playmate), I checked and you were spot-on with the leaky kitchen and shower drains .

Old 11-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #12

Quote:
You some kind of clairvoyant there, Boomer? Just for grins, while I was crawling around on the floor (the dog loves having an eye-to-eye playmate), I checked and you were spot-on with the leaky kitchen and shower drains .

Stuff happens, I’m sure Harry or Bill mentioned this to me along the way! It’s kind of like having a live Siri!🤣
Old 11-27-2017, 12:30 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
While you are rummaging around under the sink, take a look at your white spa hose that connects to the drain. It curls/uncurls each time the slide moves in or out. BigSkyBob just had his split at the hose/fitting joint. Monaco glued the spa hose to the 2” PVC hose slip to thread adapter. Look close and you can see the blue cement where the hose joins the fitting.

I looked in there after talking to Bob and to replace the hose is equivalent to overhauling the engine through the tailpipe. I now have 4’ of spa hose and 2 fittings in the parts bin onboard, sans the readily available glue. The fittings have to be in place before gluing in the spa hose.

Once you see all the straps and wire ties holding it, you will hope it never breaks. Also, there is a track up in there that helps guide the hose and other stuff attached to it. If you’re a good contortionist, lube the channel to keep things sliding nicely. Mine would slide/bind, slide/bind moving in and out.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote