Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2020, 11:23 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
Any details (write-up and/or pictures) showing how you did this?
Ebay, line tap BPV32...$3.32I shoot the ends of the condenser coils(180 bends) and want the bottom one to be cooler than all of the ones above. Do the same thing for the dash air.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2020, 08:30 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
When the heat pump valve died on ours, I replaced it with a high capacity Penguin II. Dometic used to list them as 15,000 Btu, but now just says high capacity.
I ordered it from PPL parts and they were helpful.
Since I just replaced one unit, I installed the retrofit control board compatible with our 5 button thermostat.
The hardest part is getting the unit on the roof. Once you do that there are only 4 bolts holding it down. Both the bolts and the wiring are accessed from inside.

I've measured the output temperature on the new unit and it is definitely colder than the old ones. It also outputs a lot more volume than the old one.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/repl...ch-405503.html
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:12 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Does the Dometic Penguin use the old telephone cable or do you need to run a new wire? My front one 4 button is blank. Move that 4 button to the back and it works. Turn on back one and after 30 minutes sounds like the squirrel is wrapped around the cage.
Going to Tampa with no AC;(
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:31 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Yes. Dometic AC's use RJ11 telephone wire to communicate with the thermostat regardless of the type of thermostat so no rewire is required. However the thermostat type must match the control board type in the AC unit.

Dometic no longer sells retrofit control boards for the 4 button thermostat. Your choices are the 5 button, or the new CC2.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:22 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Yes. Dometic AC's use RJ11 telephone wire to communicate with the thermostat regardless of the type of thermostat so no rewire is required. However the thermostat type must match the control board type in the AC unit.

Dometic no longer sells retrofit control boards for the 4 button thermostat. Your choices are the 5 button, or the new CC2.

To note The RJ11 is not a straight pass thru it has one twisted pair. Found this out testing the other day. Take a close look at you colors on each end.
Iím currently going thru the same thing.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:00 AM   #20

Jeff,
I can't comment on the wiring portion of your issue but the squirrel part, maybe.

I assume your blower motor bearings are going out. If that is the case, you can lube the motor aft bearing pretty easily, can't recall if you can get to the front one off the top of my head.

I have used Marvel Mystery oil on my rear AC that did that. I got 3 years out of it before it started indicated it needs another shot. Another thin oil would surely work but would not recommend something really thin like WD 40

I used a syringe with a long tube on it to get the oil to weep into the motor shaft so there was not so much oil mess to worry about leaking into the roof or whatever. Access is gained by removal of the top outside Plastic (PVC) cover.

I also replaced a fan motor on another Penguin which was no fun at all but cheaper than replacement of the AC unit. Parts are available.

Not sure if that is your squirrel you mentioned or not...
Windecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff753 View Post
Does the Dometic Penguin use the old telephone cable or do you need to run a new wire? My front one 4 button is blank. Move that 4 button to the back and it works. Turn on back one and after 30 minutes sounds like the squirrel is wrapped around the cage.
Going to Tampa with no AC;(
RV #5 1999 Monaco Signature Slide ISM 11 450
RV #6 2005 Monaco Executive 43PBQ Detroit Series 60
Honda Fit, Odyssey or Cargo trailer in tow.
Windecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:59 PM   #21

The temperature differential (delta t) should be about 10-12 degrees F.

If you get 12 delta t your unit is running perfect, put a thermometer in the return of the unit (filter) and then check discharge temperature a grill. 60 f discharge with 72 f return is golden
red300zx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace