Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2021, 01:34 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Replace Aladdin Viewing Screen & Rear Camera

Hi Gang,

A couple of questions I'm hoping someone might have some experience with.

In my 2004 HR Navigator, I have the original Panasonic VA707WEUC, which has a deployable (slides out and folds up) screen to show the Aladdin vehicle monitoring system info (it also plays the radio). See attached photos of the unit folded in, and again folded out.

(NOTE - The unit below the Panasonic seems to be a Kenwood CD controller (for a remote library unit) - I've never used it. I'd be happy to get rid of it if the new unit takes more room or has a permanent screen.)

Two questions:

1) What unit can I use that will replace this with, while still getting all of the Aladdin info? I have looked around and found threads where people have switched them out, but they don't seem to mention whether or not the Aladdin continues to be serviced.

2) The rear camera view is blurry/glitchy. Can I replace the rear camera for one with newer technology, or does that require replacing the cables, power, etc?

Thanks for any advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3775.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	343278   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3776.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	343279  

Vamoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2021, 01:54 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The Aladdin unit has an RCA video output - so any monitor that accepts an RCA input will work. If you want the "new" video monitor to auto switch to backup camera, you need a monitor that is setup for a reverse camera input.

Regarding the rear view camera, I can't help with that. I did try a wireless backup camera on my Coach and it was a big disappointment.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:07 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Try this web site, they are very good with everything RV camera related..

https://www.rvcams.com/c/15.html

Safe travels
Dave
Old 09-17-2021, 06:45 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here's are 2 good sources. Give them a call and see what they suggest based upon your present system/wiring.

http://www.rvcams.com/

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:18 PM   #5

I recently replaced my old Panasonic VA707WEUC with a Pioneer AVIC-W8600NEX receiver - it made a world of difference and was not too difficult of an install. It really took me more time to strip out all of the old electronics than it did to install the head unit itself. On my coach, I removed the VA707 with brain unit, FM modulator for Kenwood Sirius module (that is what is installed below your screen), Pioneer navigation DVD player and brain unit, and another FM modulator for that. When I originally would open up the dash access panel (the one over the gauges), there was barely enough room to see anything. Now it is cavernous!

I never removed the silver Kenwood Sirius display because the screen is adjustable and covers it up, you can't even see it back there.

I haven't replaced my backup camera yet, however, when I do i'll let you know what kind I used. The new screen has much better clarity and less wave/distortion when viewing the cameras.

Before:

After:

Old 09-20-2021, 02:22 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Does your new Pioneer unit have a "voice over" music - so if you're listening to music with the navigation running, you can hear the turn directions over the music?
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:46 PM   #7

Yes, and you can adjust the volume of the voice prompt and make it as loud as you want.

Tags
ace, camera, rear, replace, scr, view