Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2014, 06:11 AM   #1

Replace Norcold 1200 with residential frig

i have a 2001 monaco dynasty with a norcold 1200 frig has anyone replaced one with a residential if so where can i buy one that will fit in that spot i do have some duck work under the frig so it is up about 12 inches thankyou
alfredcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Did you google that question here on iRV2?? Probably a weeks worth of reading...Pictures etc.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredcycle View Post
i have a 2001 monaco dynasty with a norcold 1200 frig has anyone replaced one with a residential if so where can i buy one that will fit in that spot i do have some duck work under the frig so it is up about 12 inches thankyou

Below is a link with pictures of my install. I did it at a campground. Not that hard if you take your time. That said, the Samsung 197RF is being replaced with a larger unit that is 2" deeper. Better try to get one sooner than later. About $1100 at Home Depot.....Dennis

Touring America 2014: Samsung Refrigerator Install
Executive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #4

I just had a Samsung RF-197 installed to replace my Norcold 1200 which failed completely after 12 years of perfect use. I had mine done professionally by Elite RV Remodeling and Repair in Harrisburg, OR. There are multiple threads on this forum which deal with this issue. The most common commercial refrig in these threads is the Samsung that I bought. There is a very long and detailed thread started by Bob Nodine, and I had one about a week ago that dealt with the failure, cost, and possible people to do the work. There are others on here also. Simply use the search capability on the Monaco page for "Norcold". Having it done professionally cost me a little less than $3,000. People who do it themselves spend between $1,000 and $1,500 for the Samsung. It was recently on sale by Home depot for about $1100.

I have been using my Samsung now for about two weeks and so far, it has been delightful and I have no complaints. My installers also checked my alternator to ensure that it is putting out full output (so that it can supply all power needs going down the highway) and you turn on the inverter and run the inverter all the time which then powers your residential refrigerator when driving down the road.

Good luck If you want any specific information, email me direct.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:26 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredcycle View Post

If it were me I would drive a few miles west of you to a place call Alliance RV in Wildwood Florida and have them do the changeover. They do about 3-4 every week. Not cheap but you will get a high quality installation.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold, replace