Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Replacement for Aria Deluxe 2?

I need to replace my commode and I want a manual flushing unit. The electric flush seems like a nice luxury but it is so loud that it often wakes people up if flushed at night. Also, my current unit will not hold water in the bowl so it just seems like it's time to make the switch.

Any recommendations for a replacement ?

Thanks.
broadrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun View Post
I need to replace my commode and I want a manual flushing unit. The electric flush seems like a nice luxury but it is so loud that it often wakes people up if flushed at night. Also, my current unit will not hold water in the bowl so it just seems like it's time to make the switch.

Thanks.
Mine is pretty noisy but so was my Dometic manual in our older rig.

FWIW, the Thetford Aqua Magic V has a similar look to the Aria and its a tall (17 1/2).
Old 04-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #3

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun View Post
. Also, my current unit will not hold water in the bowl so it just seems like it's time to make the switch.

Thanks.
Just clean or replace the half ball/flap seal...
If you go to replace with a manual flush be careful that it is just a straight shot to the tank, and does not have a vacuum pump or similar...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
You can replace it with the same toilet only it has a manual foot flush.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Just clean or replace the half ball/flap seal...
If you go to replace with a manual flush be careful that it is just a straight shot to the tank, and does not have a vacuum pump or similar...
The Aria Deluxe II uses an electric motor powered knife valve, no ball or flapper. Mine is a little noisy but I'm keeping it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:57 PM   #6

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
The Aria Deluxe II uses an electric motor powered knife valve, no ball or flapper. Mine is a little noisy but I'm keeping it.
AH! I learned something today!
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:17 PM   #7

Before you rush out and buy a new toilet search " replacing the aria 2 toilet "
I remember some that have replaced one found that the new toilets would not
match to the old flange .
Then they found it was glued to the down pipe , big hassle , so read up first .

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamiDav View Post
Before you rush out and buy a new toilet search " replacing the aria 2 toilet "
I remember some that have replaced one found that the new toilets would not
match to the old flange .
Then they found it was glued to the down pipe , big hassle , so read up first .

Ray
I assume you mean the flange was glued. Not usually much work if you use a 2-piece flange repair kit.

Master Plumber Toilet Flange Repair Ring, Stainless Steel: Model# 014717 | True Value
Old 04-10-2018, 12:54 PM   #9

Good morning to all; Here is an update on my Thetford Aria Deluxe II toilet. I have the mechanism replacement for the toilet as a stand by just in case something goes south. We have been in the south west for over 2 months now and as time has gone by the gate valve in the toilet has been opening slower and slower until the other day the wife said, I think I broke the toilet. I think it has something to do with all the, who knows what is in the water, down here. Sure enough the gate valve would not open. So I had read here to use plumbers grease or plumbers silicone on the bottom of the gate vale seal for water leaking out of the bowel. I had no problem with the bowel not holding water. I manually opened the gate valve with the knob on the back of the toilet and then proceeded to lube the underside of the seal with Oatey Silicone Grease I got in the plumbing department at Lowe's. WOW! Now it works better than before. Sure, it is still loud, but the valve opens and closes faster than it ever has before. I know lots of owners of the Thetford do not like it, I am just trying to make it last before I have to install the new gate mechanism. Just wanted to post my findings. Everyone have a great day!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Good morning to all; Here is an update on my Thetford Aria Deluxe II toilet. I have the mechanism replacement for the toilet as a stand by just in case something goes south. We have been in the south west for over 2 months now and as time has gone by the gate valve in the toilet has been opening slower and slower until the other day the wife said, I think I broke the toilet. I think it has something to do with all the, who knows what is in the water, down here. Sure enough the gate valve would not open. So I had read here to use plumbers grease or plumbers silicone on the bottom of the gate vale seal for water leaking out of the bowel. I had no problem with the bowel not holding water. I manually opened the gate valve with the knob on the back of the toilet and then proceeded to lube the underside of the seal with Oatey Silicone Grease I got in the plumbing department at Lowe's. WOW! Now it works better than before. Sure, it is still loud, but the valve opens and closes faster than it ever has before. I know lots of owners of the Thetford do not like it, I am just trying to make it last before I have to install the new gate mechanism. Just wanted to post my findings. Everyone have a great day!
Uh Oh .... too much info . But seriously, thanks for the update and info !!
Old 04-10-2018, 11:25 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you all for the replies. Lots of good info to consider.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:55 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I finally was able to remove the aria deluxe (had to take out box frame behind that was covering up electrical and plumbing) and was able to locate the in-line fuse that was blown. I didn't mention the fuse problem earlier in the thread because I'd already posted about that and received tons of tips. The commode I my coach is in such a tight space that I couldn't get to the fuse and always had trouble removing the entire unit.

In addition to the loud flushing noise that I mentioned in the original post, the bowl won't hold water. I've tried all the tricks to fix the problem and this is another reason why I just consider to get a new unit.

Question: is there an o-ring or gasket in between the flapper blade and the porcelain that can be replaced or is it internal to flapper blade device?
Old 04-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Figured it out...

Replacement toilet bowl seal kit is part # Thetford 19621.

Seems like an easy fix.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:50 AM   #14

When mine starts not holding water I have a cut off coat hanger with a 90 degree bend on one end. I open the blade all the way and with the hanger I clean out the front of the groove. This will be the part of the seal that the blade closes on. You will likely find toilet paper stuck in the groove. That will most times fix the not holding water thing.
Fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement