Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #1

Replacement Roadmaster Hub Cap Source

On my trip from Louisiana to Colorado, I discover that I have thrown off a tag axle hub cap on my 2001 Dynasty tag axle. Beyond Monaco, can anyone recommend a source for replacement hub cap with indentation for a Flying R roadmaster disk to be added later or already installed?

Thanks

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #2

try VeuricksRV. com I tried to cut and paste the web site over to this, but failed badly.

Hope this helps

George
Old 08-13-2014, 04:32 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Google "Roadmaster hub caps" here on iRV2
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyEOD View Post
try VeuricksRV. com I tried to cut and paste the web site over to this, but failed badly.

Hope this helps

George
Correction: it is veurinksrv.com they bought a lot of Monaco parts awhile back. I just checked the site and they list having the Flying R in stock. I am not smart enough to post the link. You can call the parts lady and she can square your order away. I have ordered a couple of things from them over the last year.

George
Old 08-15-2014, 06:56 AM   #5

I just ordered a baby moon from them and 2 Roadmaster R stickers. They look great!
Steve 05 Panther
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #6

Hubcaps: Its not as simple as you may think....

Its a long story that I will explain somewhere else, but I have been at the Monaco old factory and repair facility at Coburg three of the past four days this week trying to buy a hub cap for the tag axle of this 2001 Dynasty. The first visit informed me that I needed to know the difference between two styles of hubs, a thick rim hubcap and a thin rim hubcap. The difference is the edge of the hub which snaps over the six segment wheel hub attachment. Each of those six segments has a dimple on it and the hub snaps behind the dimple. I was told if I put a thin edge hub on and I need the thick, the hubcap will slide around (rotate 360 degrees even when mounted) and will fall off at the first good bump. However, if I try to put the thick rim hubcap on a wheel that requires the thin, it won't snap on at all. Unfortunately, Monaco doesn't have a record of when they switched from thin to thick or thick to thin or for what models and production years, so it is trial and error.

I didn't know what I needed, so took pictures of my wheel and the parts guy at Monaco said he thought that I needed the thick. I bought it and both I, and a repair guy working on my coach for other reasons, tried to get the thick rim to seat correctly. Neither of us could get it to snap on at all using pounding with our palms and hands. So I took it back and exchanged it for the thin rim hubcap, and took it back to my coach and it went on easily, but then slipped very easily 360 degrees and with virtually no force, came right off. So, obviously, I needed the thick rim and more muscle or a rubber mallet to get it to snap on correctly. Unfortunately, I was tight on time to get to my next reservations at an RV park and had to drive right past the Monaco service center at the Coburg exit on I-5 one final time with the useless "thin rim hubcap" sitting on my dash.... Guess I am going to be ordering a couple of thick rim hubs via mail order in the near future and this thin rim one will make an excellent ash tray for Paul Bunyon ( or if you know you need a thin edge hubcap, contact me and I will give you a very good price .

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:08 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyEOD View Post
Correction: it is veurinksrv.com they bought a lot of Monaco parts awhile back. I just checked the site and they list having the Flying R in stock. I am not smart enough to post the link. You can call the parts lady and she can square your order away. I have ordered a couple of things from them over the last year.

George
Here is the decal:
Store | Veurinks RV | Grand Rapids Michigan

They don't show the hubcap with the center indention anymore. I would give them a call.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #8

Visone RV parts and salvage may have your answer. They have a web page and I have an e mail for mwvisone@gmail.com as I trying to get a replacement to. I have one but the type I have does not have the notches cut out for the lug nuts. I just have to get notches cut !!
guymaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace, replacement